THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

eBay related... but not an ongoing sale..

I sold my green thrice - artist (green) at cost recently. It was in great condition, no concerns, still sealed... then I get this message:

'Hi I just received my record in the mail and even though it's sealed, the jacket us very beat up. I was wondering how I would go about exchanging it for a new one?"

What do you guys and gals do in this situation?

Both solutions work for me. I pack in standard mailers tight and nicely taped - no movement. If a thin record - cardboard inside the mailer. Essentially, I've never had an issue. I have a perfect (albeit small 155) rating on eBay and would hate to ruin it over some jagoff when I know I packed well - and most of my feedback does reflect fast and perfect shipping.

Thanks folks!

I responded: "Hey there. Sorry for the problem that has arisen. May I see a few photos of the damages sustained?"

These may not be too crazy yet, but with some of them jumping up $40 or $60 within the first hour of it being listed I have a feeling it's gonna get nuts. Especially the Separation and Wildlife test presses.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nosleeprecords/m.html?item=200784064324&viewitem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

I hear it's sometimes the shipping charges that make or break a purchase...

http://www.ebay.com/...d#ht_500wt_1413

i sent this guy a message just to see what kind of COA he has since for all his autographed records and 8x10's he claims to have a COA for. not that i had any intention of bidding or buying anything, i just wanted to see what kind of place would put their name and reputation on the line saying they're legit signatures of some tiny band that hardly anyone has heard of. plus i doubt any place has sample writing from the band for comparison purposes.

it took a few messages to actually get sent a "COA" because he was dodging the question and trying to give me the run around, which right away threw up some red flags. i asked for a pic of the COA and he finally sends me something he just typed into the message box. they're fake COA's that he is making himself. no reputable company that prints COA's after verifying the authenticity of signatures, no hologram that most autographed memorbilia comes with now to further prevent forgeries, not even a picture of the band signing the jacket. just something he wrote that says such and such person (i.e. the person trying to sell this to you) witnessed said person/group sign the item on this date at this place and vouches for it's authenticity. it also doesn't bode well that the guy's username is "imashyster"

It would be interesting to have some of that sports memorabilia tested to see if the signatures are legit.

I don't care enough to buy something just to do it, though. Ebay is full of forgers. I wouldn't pay 50 cents more for something that was signed on ebay than I would without the signature.