THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

26 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

thats a lot considering the liquid will most likely evaporate in the next couple years

I will say as long as the seal is done right it shoudlnt evaporate. I own several liquid records and some after 5 years have the same liquid as when I bought them. That being said if the seal isnt done right...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Saxonjulin said:

I will say as long as the seal is done right it shoudlnt evaporate. I own several liquid records and some after 5 years have the same liquid as when I bought them. That being said if the seal isnt done right...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh cool, good to know, can't speak from personal experience. I've just heard horror stories from evaporating, to turning to goo to the record leaking on various releases

• 1 month later...

Lol so I finally decided to download Offer Up to see if it was any better than the Craiglist idiots in my area and immediately found this lol. Guy is trying to sell records that are still easily purchasable for like 6-7x the price. This FYS record in particular is like $8 on Merchnow right now. I decided to ask him about it just for laughs and he just yelled at me claiming that I was a kid with some next level bull****ery. He had an average grade Guns N' Roses "Appettite for Destruction" on sale for $200, and  all the following on sale for $100 Heart to Heart "Dulce" (curr. $4.50), Forever Came Calling "What Matters Most" (curr $10-ish),  Handguns "Angst" (curr. $12-15).
3XumJKB.jpg

Edited by MCDELTAT

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2017 at 7:00 PM, bridley said:

So this worked out pretty well. Sleeve and vinyl were a bit grimey, but played remarkably well other than a little click for a few rotations on side b.

Also, in the same spirit of my initial message (2003 Dashboard for $24, I seem to have a knack for landing 2003 Vagrant emo at good deals: In Reverie, $20 BIN, $4 shipping. Hopefully condition is as good as described.

Deals exist if you're a deadbeat and can check ebay frequently.

And another! First press blue Through Being Cool for $49.

This guy actually sold three, first one for $39, mine for $49 to account for shipping to Canada and then another for $49. I didn't believe it until I opened it up today and ta-da! Sealed Saves. Chuffed!

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Who would pay $20 in fees to fake a sale?

It’s always amazing to me the mental gymnastics people go through with people they don’t even know when they’re wrong about something. I’m sure the seller is part of an underground conspiracy to artificially inflate the cost of Sun Kil Moon records. 

Lots of people here new to ebay it seems.

The buyer/seller can cancel the sale with a click of a button. No sale fees.

Same thing as with shill bidding. Just recently I received a second chance offer a minute after the bidding was over. Checked completed sales from that seller, 80% of them were won by the same account that outbid me, and every time the item was won by that account it was relisted. The few that weren't won by that account weren't relisted. To top it off, I then found the listings by that "winning bidder" (the letters and feedback score matched), same items, the pictures used for their listings were identical, just slightly different descriptions.

But yeah, I'm sure people don't go the extra mile when it comes to figuring out how to make more money.

Edited by slinch

• 3 weeks later...