16RPM

DO YOU LIKE??  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like box sets

• Yes.
    • No.
    • It's just a way to cash in and make everybody rich
    • Who cares?
  2. 2. What would you like to see in a box set??

• Colored Vinyl
    • Exclusive Artwork
    • Unreleased songs
    • As close to the original release as possible
    • Basketball Cards

i'm gonna see if i can get a ride that weekend just to go help. i'd think it would be fun just for the heck of it. but i wont know for a few days. need to find a place to crash that night too, but i dont think that would be too hard. i know several people there. might need a ride to and from said place if i do since i don't drive :( 

Just got the Teenage Bottlerocket boxes for my test press sets. They're the exact ones that will come with the boxes but they have blank backs.

They're super durable and thick. I feel like I could stomp on these things and they would be fine.

The printing looks incredible and the Chris shary drawing on the front is great too!

They look beautiful on my shelf. I can't wait for the others to be next to it!

75F8AFFD-56DA-42CA-82AF-F2898E4AE83A-234

DEA70D72-CC4E-4377-85CF-D2AA2E75E738-234

Here we go, ill post pictures below after i type out this whole thing. i cant post pictures from the work computer so i have to do it afterwards, on my phone:

info for the 1/1 set!
- this set is going up today, September 8th, 2013, at 7pm CST and will run for one full week.
- along with the set, you arent getting just your slipcase! this slipcase is completely hand drawn my the man himself, Chris Shary. Chris does some amazing artwork and this box is no exception. the slipcase features hand drawn portraits of the band in what i call 'ramones style' meaning two memers on the top row and two on bottom row. its also got the TBR logo along the spine so you can read it on your shelf, but really, you arent going to want to keep this on your shelf, youll want to display it. like i mentioned before, this artwork is 100% hand drawn, no copies or reproductions here!
-also with this set, youll get a custom made acrylic box for the box, slipcase and records to sit in. This box is made of a super shiny black acrylic and has a white skull and rockets logo inlayed into the top of it. it comes apart in two pieces just how you would expect (like the lillingtons boxes). The set was also made by the Fat Wreck Wikis own geezfools! he did a killer job on this!!
-along with those other things, youll get a copy of a hand drawn poster by chris shary. the poster is of the band, in the likeness of the inner sleeve of the original pressing of They Came From the Shadows, the band standing there against a black background wearing their leather jackets. Again, this drawing looks KILLER! Chris nailed it. On top of getting that sick poster, its also going to be signed by the entire band, as well as the man himself, Chris Shary!

Now heres the part i know you people are really waiting on! with this 1/1 set, there was a ton of talking and thought about what should be done with the records to REALLY set them apart from the other boxed sets. a few great ideas were had, but nothing quite satisfying enough. Do them all splatter? what about all tye dye? all glow in the dark? none of them are QUITE at that point where it was satisfying being a custom set that no one else would have.
and then Todd came up with the most original idea ive ever heard.
whoever wins this set WILL GET TO PICK THEIR OWN VARIANTS AND COLORS FOR THE RECORDS!!.
thats right! if you win this set, you will get to get the EXACT variants you want for each record. Whatever you want!
half n half colors, half n half with splatter, tye dye, tye dye with splatters, plain colors. ANYTHING! you pick the colors, you pick the variants. this set is YOURS to do what you want with.
you cant get anymore custom and one of a kind than that!! i love this idea, and i cant wait to see what the winner comes up with. its going to be amazing!

also, 100% of the winning bid will be going to charity. The charity is Wounded Warrior, so please bid high and strong because all of it is going directly to them!

so, there you have it folks, a truely one of a kind, custom box set. where you basically get to make your own entire set and have it stand out from everyone elses. you dont get better than this!!
check out ebay at 7pm tonight for the listing info, ill also post the link here if someone doesnt beat me to it!

BID STRONG and lets see this set hit what its actually going to be worth!!

i dont think i missed anything regarding the set, but im about to go through and post pictures of what i have. bare with me!

enjoy this read while i work on it!

Here is the custom drawn box!! These pictures do NOT do it justice.azy9a4uv.jpg
9ane7umu.jpg

The acrylic box that it will sit in!
ha3u6upy.jpg

Here's a picture of what the autographed posters look like.
9a4azuda.jpg

And here is the back of the box. All sets will have this printed back
gatu8ane.jpg

More coming. I can only post 5 pics at a time.

Also, we have the slipcase that the /100 tie dyes will come with, I really like the off center skull! The skull is also a Chris Shary take on the original logo. It kills!ymetahyp.jpg

A better shot than what I posted yesterday
ybequpyd.jpg

Side of the box. This picture is of the unfinished side of the box. The finished one is much shinier
urunuqed.jpg

Clear inner sleeves for the records to go into so you can see the color really well through the die cut sleeves

6e7e5yhy.jpg

And finally! Some pictures of the finished die cut sleeves!!
5a9u2a8y.jpg
9esu6e4u.jpg

These sleeves look fragile. But trust me, they aren't. They look killer with the color of the records and everything.

I really can't wait for you guys to get a hands on with all of this!

Please ask any questions If I haven't answered them before and I'll be glad to help.
If you want pictures of something I didn't post, let me know and I'll post them or Todd/Debe will!