PO: HRVRD "From The Birds Cage" - Limited 12" & Bundle Package from ETR

Well I talked to Garrett on instagram (their fill in drummer since Tim left) and I asked him what's going on with the band since they've pretty much been dead since June and he confirmed that "The band is dead. Sorry man :("

I'm in shambles right now...I'm really fucking sad.

Aw man thats not cool at all. :( This really bums me out - this band is amazing.

I had never heard them until I saw them open for Lydia and really enjoyed their performance.  I've said this before, but as an old school prog rock fan, I respected the tightness of the band and the kind of ridiculous performance art aspect of their show - reminded me of Ian Anderson and Peter Gabriel Genesis.  If this is true, consider me all in on the inevitable Jesse Clasen solo sci-fi concept album.

Well I talked to Garrett on instagram (their fill in drummer since Tim left) and I asked him what's going on with the band since they've pretty much been dead since June and he confirmed that "The band is dead. Sorry man :("

I'm in shambles right now...I'm really fucking sad.

I'm still holding out hope. But if its true, this ruined my month :(

I actually heard them for the first time in a live setting, opening for letlive. I honestly didn't care about the other acts (other than This is Hell), but I thought HRVRD was so good live that I bought the Cardboard Houses 7" they were selling, the b-side of which (Parts & Labor) is *really* good and I wish it made it on the album. Really, an amazing performance. After listening to and enjoying that, I got a copy of The Inevitable and I and it became an instant favorite.

However...it turned out that I wasn't super into any of the tracks on From the Birds Cage except Cardboard Houses, although I own it anyway because I bought it as soon as I found out how great TI&I is. Kinda explains why I loved their live show so much considering they only played a couple new songs, one of which was Cardboard Houses.

In summation, I kinda agree with Batman, insomuch as I think TI&I is waaaay better than FTBC. But I think they were really good live, especially since they were on the same bill as letlive. and I still remember their performance.

• 5 months later...

I can't believe I missed all of this discussion about them disbanding. That sucks so hard. I honestly thought these guys would blow up with a third album. Jesse has one of the best voices I ever heard. I liked both albums pretty equally. TI&I seemed less cohesive, but had stronger individual tracks. FTBC sounded way more cohesive as a whole. I thought maybe a 3rd album would just blow everyone away. I even remember them playing a new song on their tour with Lydia & it sounded great.

Maybe they'll pull a Beyonce & drop something out of nowhere haha.

Well Jesse posted an update of sorts, saying he was tracking drums I believe with another member of hrvrd. Could have been for the bear romantic or a new project though.

2 other members.

Garrett - Fill in drummer since Tim left (might be official now?)

Lee - Official member/guitarist

I've been keeping in touch with Ross of (ETR) a lot since the break up and he has no idea what they could be recording.

But if i had to guess.. its probably NOT HRVRD. But, i could be wrong. Im aiming they still have contractual agreements to Equal Vision.

• 11 months later...

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but Jesse has a new project called Foreign Air. They've only released one song so far, but they're teasing an EP coming soon. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp9B1f-yB5I

https://twitter.com/ForeignAir

Been listening to it since it came out last year. EP is expected to drop mid-February. And they are starting to tour so expect more date around the EP release date

• 6 years later...