Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Lets Face It" Red Vinyl

Bub 85

seriously what label would possibly reissue 3rd wave ska records in 2013? mind boggling to even consider ;)

DO ITTTT!!!  And while you're at it can we have Suicide Machines "Destruction by Definition", any Aquabats vinyl, or really, just more SKA! 

Still really stoked to get my Stubborn Allstars record!  Just hope I get them before I move April 1st.

Good job OP on finding one. I got lucky a couple of years back for finding one new for $40~$50. It was never known how much were pressed but I'd guess between 500 and 2000. 

By the way if I'm not mistaken, I think the MMB created the label Big Rig just so that album could be pressed on vinyl because Mercury would not do it.

@Flood: Live from the Middle East and Medium Rare never were released on vinyl so I would be all over them.

DO ITTTT!!!  And while you're at it can we have Suicide Machines "Destruction by Definition", any Aquabats vinyl, or really, just more SKA! 

Still really stoked to get my Stubborn Allstars record!  Just hope I get them before I move April 1st.

I think he said a while back that Aquabats were tough because of the TV show, and the label was holding onto it in case it becomes more valuable/popular or something.  

I think he said a while back that Aquabats were tough because of the TV show, and the label was holding onto it in case it becomes more valuable/popular or something.  

Yeah, I remember that, but it still doesn't mean that I want it any less!  And wasn't their first album "Return of..." on a different label than the other albums?

• 1 year later...

They were that cheap because the original pressing was completely warped :(

Yea this is a false rumor that began because the band found a box or so of the original pressing and sold some at last year's Hometown Throwdown.  Some of them were warped.  A bunch since them have turned on on ebay and the likes and again, some of them are warped.

In my opinion the reason why deals have been had lately is because now that there is the Asbestos reissue, the original press are not as sought after.  $12 is a great deal.

It still had the shrink on it & it has a minor bend but says otherwise great condition. Got my fingers crossed. Even if its a little warped its still the cheapest ill ever get it & prob better sounding than the asbestos reissue.

a handful of us just grabbed some copies that also came with the Rascal King 7" for $15. i was one of them, and it had pretty gnarly corner bends but all in all, it was a fucking steal. anyway, hope you luck out with a non warped one, i sure did!

• 5 years later...

Smartpunk just posted that they found a couple copies of the original 1997 pressing in their warehouse.

https://smartpunkshop.com/products/mighty-mighty-bosstones-lets-face-it-warehouse-find?fbclid=IwAR0zZ_X_fXbzx7gEdHguQ_3L19tu1ILg4bS6pWOek4bMWdhgxW2RDp77194

Edited by ckraus333

2 hours ago, ckraus333 said:

Smartpunk just posted that they found a couple copies of the original 1997 pressing in their warehouse.

https://smartpunkshop.com/products/mighty-mighty-bosstones-lets-face-it-warehouse-find?fbclid=IwAR0zZ_X_fXbzx7gEdHguQ_3L19tu1ILg4bS6pWOek4bMWdhgxW2RDp77194

No way! I was looking for a copy this week. Copped!