Hanging your records on the wall?

Mchang25

That looks pretty sick too, but I think I will just stick my records on a shelf since that is the general consensus. And so far I have only collected records that are my favorites and I really care for.

Yeah I want to do something like that when I move out but with shitty scratched thrift store records.

This probably doesn't pertain to what you're asking, but I'll add my two cents to the topic anyhow.  95% of this board goes nuts when the topic of hanging records on the wall is raised, but there's plenty of instances where I think it's totally acceptable.  For instance I have multiple copies of some records - not variants, I just happened to have more than one copy of some records and why not throw the one that doesn't sound as good on the wall.  Also, some records I have are beat to hell and sound awful.  Instead of them sitting on a shelf with no use, put them in a frame and hang them on the wall.  I think it's silly to hang records that you would/should be listening to on the wall, but ones that won't be played are nice cheap artwork.

Mounting tape is some strong shit, we mounted the plague out side our home with it and it's held very well, you have to outline the produce you're taping with the tape which might be costly when doing records.

Is this for real?  Earlier, I figured that only a (slang) retard would be unable to grasp the greatness that is Archer.  But after this post, I think I'd feel genuinely guilty if I called you one, at this point.

http://i.imgur.com/qddwJg1.jpg

This is what I am looking for, something like that.

Everything about that picture is unfathomably ugly.  "IMO."  From the color of the walls, to the pillowcase, to the plaid curtains, to the display of the records.  Not only are some of the sleeves bowing a bit, but the records themselves will literally be collecting dust, and the overall presentation is chintzy as hell.  Such a fail.

All trolling aside OP, get these: http://recordsonwalls.com/

I have one above my turntable that I put the sleeve I'm currently listening to in.  Really easy to change them out, and if leaving them on your wall is more your style, they're quite sturdy.  The sleeves in their polybags fit just fine in it too.

Everything about that picture is unfathomably ugly. "IMO." From the color of the walls, to the pillowcase, to the plaid curtains, to the display of the records. Not only are some of the sleeves bowing a bit, but the records themselves will literally be collecting dust, and the overall presentation is chintzy as hell. Such a fail.

Probably teenage Eric's room

http://i.imgur.com/qddwJg1.jpg

This is what I am looking for, something like that. Does anyone have any idea what those things are or where I can get them?

That's something you can find at your local hardware store, i.e. Lowes, Home Depot, BumFuck Supplies.  Personally, I would not recommend hanging your records like that (not even in their poly sleeves!)  If you do not have many and want to display them, go for it.

If you have a small collection and still want to display, I would recommend some type of shelf where you can admire the visual aspect of them and having them still be accessible within a moments notice.  Something simple and along the lines of:

vinyl_retail_racking_large.jpg

If you want to get creative, you can create or find extendable frames where you may access you records safely, and keeping them from harm.  Personally, my favorite idea for a quick display. 

_6025.jpg

I spy Sigur Rós.

vinyl-display-case-australia.jpg

"When in doubt, proceed."

That's something you can find at your local hardware store, i.e. Lowes, Home Depot, BumFuck Supplies.  Personally, I would not recommend hanging your records like that (not even in their poly sleeves!)  If you do not have many and want to display them, go for it.

If you have a small collection and still want to display, I would recommend some type of shelf where you can admire the visual aspect of them and having them still be accessible within a moments notice.  Something simple and along the lines of:

If you want to get creative, you can create or find extendable frames where you may access you records safely, and keeping them from harm.  Personally, my favorite idea for a quick display. 

_6025.jpg

I spy Sigur Rós.

except those frames are about $40-50 each

All trolling aside OP, get these: http://recordsonwalls.com/

I have one above my turntable that I put the sleeve I'm currently listening to in.  Really easy to change them out, and if leaving them on your wall is more your style, they're quite sturdy.  The sleeves in their polybags fit just fine in it too.

Wow, these are sick. Just what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

_6025.jpg

I spy Sigur Rós.

Maybe when I get serious enough I can get some of these, thank you for the suggestion though!