Hanging your records on the wall?

Mchang25

Everything about that picture is unfathomably ugly.  "IMO."  From the color of the walls, to the pillowcase, to the plaid curtains, to the display of the records.  Not only are some of the sleeves bowing a bit, but the records themselves will literally be collecting dust, and the overall presentation is chintzy as hell.  Such a fail.

"the pillow case" Get a hold of yourself Derek!

Attention to detail is a defining trait. 

At my local record store, they display few records with a plastic sleeve thing that holds 5 records at once. After some googling around, found a crappy picture to give the idea what it's like (pictured is 7" version):

sinkkudeco.jpg

It definitely looks better/not as flimsy in real life. I'm tempted to get one ..or try o make a DIY version of it.

At my local record store, they display few records with a plastic sleeve thing that holds 5 records at once. After some googling around, found a crappy picture to give the idea what it's like (pictured is 7" version):

sinkkudeco.jpg

It definitely looks better/not as flimsy in real life. I'm tempted to get one ..or try o make a DIY version of it.

I've seen these in a local store back in the states. They're nifty and portable. 

This is how I display my records, never had dust problems, even protected from the most industrious cat:

13806572_zps7abe28f7.jpg

From Target, holds about 75 records vertically, comfortably for $60 or less.  It's a little wide inside, good place to store 7"/10" records.  Also is a nice strongly built ottoman.

If you want them hanging for the simple display of it I suggest using poster putty, you can take them down and play them then put them back up with little to no hastle if needed, and if you buy a good brand of it there is no lasting affect on the wall or the record. It's what I use.

TeenageEric (page 1):
"Nails would leave a mess if you did alot, same with glue. I would try 3m mounting tape."

If you want them hanging for the simple display of it I suggest using poster putty, you can take them down and play them then put them back up with little to no hastle if needed, and if you buy a good brand of it there is no lasting affect on the wall or the record. It's what I use.

I am telling you guys, please believe me.

TeenageEric = AdultEric = Killerofjoy605

Adamrfox = Screamo

TeenageEric (page 1):

"Nails would leave a mess if you did alot, same with glue. I would try 3m mounting tape."

I am telling you guys, please believe me.

TeenageEric = AdultEric = Killerofjoy605

Adamrfox = Screamo

Please do not compare me to him!

I am an enlightened adult who suggests intelligent ideas. 

I've recently started using my dishwasher for record storage. I have plates about the size of a 12" record so it only made sense to double up. Plus it sounds weird, but those Cascade packs fucking rock as a record washer. Tag team it with some Jet Dry, no water spots.