RAFFLE: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3

thefence2113

Coheed and Cambria

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 (sealed)

Blue/Gray 2xLP

RAFFLE

Rules/Guidelines:

(most of these are more or less just guidelines to keep this raffle fair and fun for everyone)

1. Chances will be sold at $ 5.00 each and will be limited to a maximum of 20 chances per VC member.
  2. To enter you must first message me with the amount of chances you intend to purchase at the time. Once I've received your message I'll provide you with my PayPal email address and you can send payment. (Please make payment as a "gift" and include your VC username as well as the word "raffle" somewhere within the note via the PayPal transaction.) UPDATE: Replying to each message is going to be time consuming, so my paypal email address is [email protected] (Just notify me via message once you've made payment so I can update the entry list. Thanks!)
  3. Chances can be purchased in separate transactions, but before you buy a chance please message me first.
  4. This raffle will run for one week and the winner will be announced on 02/26/2013 at around 5:00PM CST...maybe a little earlier or later but somewhere around then. (I hope to have someone designated to capture the drawing by this date.)
  5. Out of courtesy, I ask that everyone keep this public. (not making outside deals with other members for money or trades) I will constantly be keeping this thread updated so everyone will know the number of chances that have been purchased by each member.
  6. Since this is a raffle, I have no control over how much money it will bring me. All I ask is that I don't catch any grief if it ends bringing a lot. I know this is a really sought after album so I can't say I don't expect a lot of people to buy chances. Regardless, whether I make $5 or $500+, the album will go to the winner of the drawing.

I know those are a lot of guidelines for just one raffle, but I wanted to cover everything I could picture being a problem for anyone, including myself. Let's keep this fair and fun. If this raffle is successful, I'll most likely run a few more in the future. Also, if anyone can think of other rules/guidelines to include, let me know.

Good luck everyone and thanks for your interest.

Entries:

fuckoffleatherjacket  (x2)

blaffin (x2)

Ryan8765 (x2)

sea2113 (x3)

S0matic (x10)

​Fischmioli (x10)

Just to be clear, this wasn't initially my idea. It was suggested to me by other members. I also let everyone know that I wouldn't be donating to a charity. Sorry if this raffle pisses anyone off. The way I see it this is just a chance for somebody to own this album without having to pay $350+ for it.

MEanwhile people can drop up to $100 for a mere chance on getting it, and if you're lucky, you could definitely make a lot more than $350. I guess if you like gambling with those amounts...

Sorry, without at least a portion of the money going to a cause of some sort, I don't know how I feel about this. I'm with Ry on this one.

MEanwhile people can drop up to $100 for a mere chance on getting it, and if you're lucky, you could definitely make a lot more than $350. I guess if you like gambling with those amounts...

Sorry, without at least a portion of the money going to a cause of some sort, I don't know how I feel about this. I'm with Ry on this one.

I'm having a hard time understanding this . Are you guys implying that their is something unethical about doing a raffle with out donating the money to charity? or you just personally don't want to take the risk? 

I'm having a hard time understanding this . Are you guys implying that their is something unethical about doing a raffle with out donating the money to charity? or you just personally don't want to take the risk? 

this guy has annoyed people since day 1. he only joined this board to brag about his coheed collection then a few months later tried to sell all of it here for ridiculous prices. that failed. miserably. so he listed some of his copies of this album on ebay, and i guess he didn't get enough money for them so now he is raffling it off after seeing how succesful other people here were with it. he is just trying to weasle as much money as he can for this, plain and simple. while other people did raffles to donate some money to charities around the holidays or give money to the red cross for victims of hurricane sandy.

it's also hilarious that all of the people who gave this guy money have under 15 posts (2 out of the four have 4 posts to their name) or joined two months ago

Quite frankly, I think (edited) Coheed is a bloated load of bad prog, so no, I wouldn't be interested in entering the raffle in any capacity.

And to answer the other question, yeah. Kind of.

I just don't see the fundamental link between raffles and charity. Are we suppose to donate to charity every time we make money? Obviously not. So why does this particular form of profiting require some altruism? It just seems really arbitrary to say this guy has to donate to charity but not any other member who sells a bunch of records making profit.