Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory repress?

A-Bon

I can't believe people are actually excited about this.  I went back and listened to this CD the other day and couldn't even take it seriously.  I guess if teenage angst is your thing, then go for it.  And this is the same board that also shit all over AAF, who when going back and listening to now is a much better band.  Just don't get it I guess.

I can't believe people are actually excited about this.  I went back and listened to this CD the other day and couldn't even take it seriously.  I guess if teenage angst is your thing, then go for it.  And this is the same board that also shit all over AAF, who when going back and listening to now is a much better band.  Just don't get it I guess.

AAF is better than LP. I still like both and would buy both.

• 1 month later...

OH nOEz!! Lincoln PaRk nOt on koloUred viNyLss.

Obviously you dont like the band. You've been shitting all over them in multiple threads. Which is cool... I get it. They've written the same song for their last 3 singles. They suck now. And maybe they always have; I dunno. Their music hasnt really changed all that much. However, when this record came out, it sounded original and I was at the perfect age to be influenced by just about anything that was edgy and has screaming in it. I think many people on this board share that train of thought. Now, I watch videos of Chester with red hair and I laugh at how fucking cheesy it is. But I can guarantee that when I actually spin this I'll still remember every word of "Papercut" and will be reminded of the pedestal that the 12 year old me put this album on. Right there with Thrasher Magazine and my VHS copy of Fair Game which showed Cindy Crawford's tits.

Obviously you dont like the band. You've been shitting all over them in multiple threads. Which is cool... I get it. They've written the same song for their last 3 singles. They suck now. And maybe they always have; I dunno. Their music hasnt really changed all that much. However, when this record came out, it sounded original and I was at the perfect age to be influenced by just about anything that was edgy and has screaming in it. I think many people on this board share that train of thought. Now, I watch videos of Chester with red hair and I laugh at how fucking cheesy it is. But I can guarantee that when I actually spin this I'll still remember every word of "Papercut" and will be reminded of the pedestal that the 12 year old me put this album on. Right there with Thrasher Magazine and my VHS copy of Fair Game which showed Cindy Crawford's tits.

Well said.

lol

So lets get this straight. You have absolutely nothing to do in your life except troll on Linkin Park? Great existence of a life right there. I grew up listening to this album like many other people on this board so if you don't like it then don't post about it. Got it troll? Great memories with this album can't wait to listen to it! 

So lets get this straight. You have absolutely nothing to do in your life except troll on Linkin Park? Great existence of a life right there. I grew up listening to this album like many other people on this board so if you don't like it then don't post about it. Got it troll? Great memories with this album can't wait to listen to it! 

It's hilarious because it obviously riles you Lincoln Park fans up.

lol i also owned Fair Game on vhs,went through a cindy crswford phase. I rented fair game first then saw her tits, bought it a few days later.

I think it's important to note and remember everyone likes different things. I don't think Linkin Park had (or has) much of an original sound. They rode in at the tail end of rap/rock and had a two singer approach (which was highly talked about at the time...but not really original). I also am not going to down anyone for liking the band. Music is subjective. It's often times based on someone's connection to an album. Some albums hit people at certain times in their lives.

Sidenote: I don't like this band much but I can find a song or two by them that is okay enough. The fact they're still a band and moderatly respected is something I never thought would happen. That goes to show you they are doing something right in terms of appeal and fanbase.