Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory repress?

A-Bon

yes.. please do. Since you clearly know all.

Just because it has happened before does not mean it happens every time. Could it not be that Hot Topic is just simply going to carry it and have it not be an exclusive? I might as well ask you and not Travis because you seem to know the answer already.

(sorry if this comes out as mean but there was no need to sound condescending in your initial response so I countered the same)

haha no worries.  i was being a dick.

hey i couldn't help but notice you have Kid Rock's "Devil without a Cause"... does the LP set sound noticeably different from the CD?

I like Kid Rock, so make fun of me for still not-ironically liking a Kid Rock album in 2013.

What's the conspiracy theory about this? That the label that released it originally will also press it on vinyl like they've done with GJ, Deftones, HA and Green Day?

LOL sorry travis.  I love you.

haha no worries.  i was being a dick.

hey i couldn't help but notice you have Kid Rock's "Devil without a Cause"... does the LP set sound noticeably different from the CD?

I like Kid Rock, so make fun of me for still not-ironically liking a Kid Rock album in 2013.

LOL sorry travis.  I love you.

Alright... its behind us now.

To be honest, I love Kid Rock (both old and new) but I haven't listened to my DWAC since I upgraded to a Pro-Ject Carbon with my new floor standing Polks... before this, I had a really shitty setup. Ill give it a listen tomorrow and see if I can notice a difference. The major noticeable difference is the cover, but if you're not into things like that then it wouldn't matter.

Alright... its behind us now.

To be honest, I love Kid Rock (both old and new) but I haven't listened to my DWAC since I upgraded to a Pro-Ject Carbon with my new floor standing Polks... before this, I had a really shitty setup. Ill give it a listen tomorrow and see if I can notice a difference. The major noticeable difference is the cover, but if you're not into things like that then it wouldn't matter.

I'd surely appreciate it.  I slept on getting a copy when they were not $70+.  Now hdtracks.com has an hd-download ... and I'm unsure if a non-compressed master exists (the hdtracks has some 16-bit tracks and some 24-bit .... ?) 

I had a look at the dynamic range compression on the retail CD... tracks like "Welcome 2 the Party", "Where U at Rock?" and the track with Eminem have the most squishing.

I'd surely appreciate it.  I slept on getting a copy when they were not $70+.  Now hdtracks.com has an hd-download ... and I'm unsure if a non-compressed master exists (the hdtracks has some 16-bit tracks and some 24-bit .... ?) 

I had a look at the dynamic range compression on the retail CD... tracks like "Welcome 2 the Party", "Where U at Rock?" and the track with Eminem have the most squishing.

I remember when first listening to it not too long ago, the sound didn't impress me much as it very much just sounded like the CD, but now that I've changed the set up, I'll try it out.

Also, need reanimation.

for some reason i can only see this as a picture disc. but it'd be rad. again, probably wouldn't listen to it much... it'd be more for nostalgia. i don't think i'd buy a meteora repress though. i actually did try listening to it recently and it didn't sit with me well at all, whereas at least hybrid theory did a little.

i'm not sure I can explain it precisely because english is not my first language and I don't know some specific vocabulary to desribe sound, but I'll try - the sound is too "sharp" (high-pitched? dunno if that's the word I'm looking for) - to make it more clear - hi hats sounds like they vere recorded with a camera phone, the sound is unclear and quite painfull to listen to. The basses are quite nice, clear and not too deep, but higher parts ruins it. I think i would still buy it if I knew how its was going to sound (listening to it takes me 12 years back right into high school times), considering the fact that I paid 20$ for it. But 70$ on ebay? no way. On the other hand - one step closer on the 10" ep sounds a little bit better, and my december on side B sounds actually pretty good. Hope I was helpfull.

i'm not sure I can explain it precisely because english is not my first language and I don't know some specific vocabulary to desribe sound, but I'll try - the sound is too "sharp" (high-pitched? dunno if that's the word I'm looking for) - to make it more clear - hi hats sounds like they vere recorded with a camera phone, the sound is unclear and quite painfull to listen to. The basses are quite nice, clear and not too deep, but higher parts ruins it. I think i would still buy it if I knew how its was going to sound (listening to it takes me 12 years back right into high school times), considering the fact that I paid 20$ for it. But 70$ on ebay? no way. On the other hand - one step closer on the 10" ep sounds a little bit better, and my december on side B sounds actually pretty good. Hope I was helpfull.

That's helpful.  Thanks.

I think that that's a pretty accurate description of the sound. Overall, I'm still extremely satisfied. The highs are a little tinny, and to me the bass sounded a bit muddled into the guitar. Despite this, it still sounds miles above my CD. Points of Authority really sounded good; I heard layers of sound I had never noticed before.

Yeah, mine sounds pretty decent, it doesn't sound quite as clear or crisp to me. 10" sounds amazing though. Kinda bummed because for some reason I had some picture in my head of it being red and how they were advertising it as colored, and it's black. Not huge but I was just expecting different, lol.

• 4 months later...

this kind of flew under the radar and i haven't seen it anywhere else, but it looks like this is getting another repress. it's up at SRC for $20.99 so i'm guessing there's no 10" included considering how much cheaper it is than the RSD version.

SRC is the only place i've seen -- it isn't even on amazon, so i don't know what the deal is. any other deets would be appreesh'd

edit: also up at soundstagedirect for $20.99