Notes And Bolts Weekly Lathe Cut 7" Club

kriss

Hey, Friends!

So last week's first lathe entry in our series received a total of 56 orders. Pretty great numbers for a first shot out! As of this week's second lathe, we're going to be making this a weekly thing. When one order for a lathe ends, another will start moments later, so the time is still of the essence to get a hold of these. Also, at $10 ppd, you're getting a good deal each time!

A few notes from the sales listing:

"This pre-order will be up for ONE WEEK and then taken down. However many that we receive orders for is however many we will make. The cap for all lathes in this series is 100 copies. If we hit 100, then the order will be taken down - that is the only exception for it to not run the full week.

***PLEASE NOTE - that each sleeve will come with the buyer's name printed onto it. IF YOU BUY MULTIPLE COPIES, PLEASE E-MAIL US and let us know what names you would like placed upon each sleeve, otherwise we will print the buyer's name on all copies that they order. We will not be leaving any blank - NO EXCEPTIONS.

To explain the nature of these:

Lathe cuts are short run vinyl records that are cut in real time one by one - these are not factory produced records ala larger pressing plants.

Each one will be $10 with shipping included (or $7 if yr in the city and want to pick up). Why are these somewhat pricey? Because each one is hand cut in real time one by one, the process of producing this run of records is a longer one - if 63 people order copies, the person cutting this will be hearing the song on the lathe 63 times. 

Each record will also be packaged in a hand made sleeve made from transparency sheets and personalized with the record's number (13/63, for example) along with the name of the record's owner. These are essentially art objects, which is why they're a couple of bucks more than a normal $5 seven inch.

( Picture listed isn't the actual Lathe. It is merely just for reference to show you what the lathe will look like - it is a clear cut poly carbonate square and NOT a black or other colored vinyl record. And YES, this record CAN be played on a turntable using a normal needle and will NOT damage it.

Also - anything ordered with this lathe will only ship out once your lathes ship.

Check the link below for the second installment in the series -

N+B 017

Only pressing: /?

Chandeliers: Lemur - a jammer from the Shape Shoppers who have built a beyond solid rep for complex electronic sounds and rad, stacato melodies. We recently dropped their latest 7" in December and 'Lemur', is very much in the same vein. A total stunner.

At the moment, we're doing a roughly two to three week turnaround. Though, in some cases, the turnaround will be quicker - as in the case of the Videotape lathe, we'll be getting them in tomorrow (only took a week to turn those around). I just have to make the sleeves for them and then I'll have them packaged and sent out by this time next week. In most cases, however, even with transit time included, we'll rarely ever take longer than a month. I think that anything at or under a month is pretty quick considering that we're running the order live and then having them cut immediately after and then sent over to us so that we can sleeve up and ship out. :)

The Chandeliers one ends on Monday at noon, so act fast! The third volume goes up on Wednesday - a really awesome dub track from The Drastics, one of the best Chicago roots/reggae/dub bands going at the moment. The track is super spooky. Great end of Winter music!

We'd totally appreciate if you did! It'll be a really cool series. We've worked out a deal with the person cutting them to where these will be regular and fairly on time to the timeline I sketched out above. Depending on the amount of copies in the run, it could be even shorter of a turn around (Videotape had a run of 56 and was turned around in days. Chandeliers is only half of that at the moment, so may be even faster).

Lathe #3 is up, and already, orders are coming in at a steady trickle! 

ATTENTION: JAMAICAN/ROOTS/SKA/ROCKSTEADY BOARD MEMBERS

The Drastics: Maté Maté (Xanthines) - A ferocious slab of bass stuffed dub with eerie keys and the apparitions of a horn section lurking beneath the surface. A total killer of a track!

Take a listen here: http://thedrastics.bandcamp.com

Order here: http://notesandbolts.bigcartel.com/product/limited-lathe-cut-7

Thanks, man! - If you continue to buy week after week, just hit the shipping option once and then for three weeks or so after, hit local pickup so that you don't get docked for shipping, then I can send four or five to you in one big batch and you can save 12 or 15 bucks.  :)

Really, that offers goes to anybody here who wants to take advantage of it! Four lathes a month for $31 shipped. Can't beat that!

lathe #4 went up yesterday and you can get it here: http://notesandbolts.bigcartel.com/product/limited-lathe-cut-7

orrrrrrr, if you want to just cut away the weekly haggling and save some money in the process, we're now offering month by month subscriptions: http://notesandbolts.bigcartel.com/product/lathe-cut-7-1-month-subscription

Hey, dude - posted a link above for a month by month subscription service. At the moment, I don't want to offer anything longer than one month at a time since each month will bring 4 (and sometimes 5) records; but as I get used to it, I'll start to offer three/six/twelve month packages as well. :)

Hey, dude - posted a link above for a month by month subscription service. At the moment, I don't want to offer anything longer than one month at a time since each month will bring 4 (and sometimes 5) records; but as I get used to it, I'll start to offer three/six/twelve month packages as well. :)

Makes sense. I think I'll put in for a month within the next couple days.