Po: Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants And Jacket Lp + 3 7"s

jhulud

SRC picked up the Quicksand mantle post-RJ as well. No one complained then. 

As long as RJ has NOTHING to do with this and in no way profits then I have no issue with it. I don't need it. I wish it didn't exist in such a similar form as well but there are plenty of Blink fans that will be glad this thing finally comes out. 

This is different my man. RJ never put up a pre-order for that.

I don't see this as a stupid move at all. 95% of the people complaining in here for whatever reason (price, RJ, etc) are still going to buy a copy. The other 5% aren't Blink fans, so they wouldn't have gotten one anyway. This one seems like a no-brainer to me...

Mainly its because that they also were trying to help RJ with PO's. I honestly don't care that much.

They picked up a stalled RJ properties in both cases. SRC refunded all Blink Pre-Orders they took in. Same difference as far as they are concerned. I just think this project conjures bad memories. That Hoppus forward grates on me for some reason, he copped out when the shit hit the fan. Anyway, I agree with Mike - $50 is a terrible precedent to set. Knowing that RJ isn't involved even silently goes a little ways but this concept for TOYPAJ should have died along with MTS for the good of the vinyl community. 

Conspiracies that SRC is obviously still in business with RJ or at least they still talk to him? This release is exactly what RJ was going to do so I'm guessing at least one of those is true.

I questioned them when I got my Starting Line - Direction record and it said "Mightier Than Sword". They said it was a mistake but I never believed them.

It would just be nice if Hot Topic announced the 7" box set that Travis was looking into doing awhile ago and another repress. I think that would be a much better circumstance..

The real question is, do the people who pre-ordered the "MTS VARIANT" still get a Blink 182-related record some time in the summer like RJ "promised"? 

Rereleases are causing the bubble to slowly deflate, but primarily in the secondhand market. But I don't think this is going to resell for much more than its retail price -- and after eBay fees, the flippers will break even. There are 2,500 of these. I think quantity alone will help moderate resale prices.

to play devils advocate here (which seems to be my thing now) with the pricing. not defending SRC, RJ, MTS, how expensive this is or was. wasnt the price when MTS was doing this around $40 for an LP and three 7"s before shipping? people are really that up in arms seeing as it's a $10 difference. with the 10% off thing it's only $5 more than what it was from MTS. has anyone considered production costs going up in the 1 1/2 years since the MTS pre-order. i'm guessing some of the guys who run labels here can speak of the cost of pressing records now vs almost 2 years ago. or is this just the perfect shit-storm of hating RJ, MTS, SRC and prices of higher than $10 for an LP and $5 for a 7" bubbling over into a Shaq filled hate party?

again, not defending anything one way or the other. just trying to bring some logic in, which i know is impossible on VC.

I think I am gonna do this and just sell my hot topic 180g black. This whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth but those 7"s would be cool to have. If I can get even close to the price I paid for the copy I have than I can basically balance everything out with this release. I wish it would of been cheaper but I guess people love capitalizing on the blink-182 name. If I did not have that 10% discount and a copy to sell to make up the difference buying this would not be an option at all.

At least if this goes to hell I trust SRC to refund me like they have in the past. Having this will not get back the money I lost on the MTS pre-order (which was actually a gift for someone...) but will basically put this whole mess to rest.

My guess is licensing costs on this stuff is causing the price increase. majors know they can make money on this and are probably charging stupid amounts to license this. Cost of printed goods on this are insane. Triple gatefold with custom die cuts to fit the 7" on reverse cardboard, inserts for the 12" and all 3 7", and 3 full color pocket jackets. 180 gram vinyl on the 12" and 3x colored 7".  Sorry to burst all the cry babies bubble here, but this shit has to be costing a fortune to make.  I don't even want to know the labor involved in getting all this crap put together either. 

My guess is licensing costs on this stuff is causing the price increase. majors know they can make money on this and are probably charging stupid amounts to license this. Cost of printed goods on this are insane. Triple gatefold with custom die cuts to fit the 7" on reverse cardboard, inserts for the 12" and all 3 7", and 3 full color pocket jackets. 180 gram vinyl on the 12" and 3x colored 7".  Sorry to burst all the cry babies bubble here, but this shit has to be costing a fortune to make.  I don't even want to know the labor involved in getting all this crap put together either. 

You don't get the beef, dawg.