The Brand New Thread

How hard is it to get tickets to their shows in the states? They're very popular in Canada too, but I have never had an issue getting tickets, and I think the venue they are playing here has about a 500-750 person limit.

I tried to et tickets 2 hours after they went up and was informed they sold out in 5 minutes

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, seangj said:

Saw them last night. No mention of a new album.

what was the ratio like for Modest Mouse fans/Brand New fans?

I'm debating going to see them. Huge MM fan, like some Brand New stuff. I just don't want to go if it's going to be mostly Brand New fans though.

3 minutes ago, fitterhappier said:

I'm debating going to see them. Huge MM fan, like some Brand New stuff. I just don't want to go if it's going to be mostly Brand New fans though.

It was pretty 50/50 from what I could tell. MM played first and a few people left. 

5 hours ago, fitterhappier said:

That is some weird logic... why would who else is at a show determine if you are going?

On June 30, 2016 at 5:07 PM, jacobraccuia said:

lol yeah unless it's acoustic or you're sitting at the bar as far away as possible, you'll be able to here MM fine.

i need a third GA Nyc pit ticket :|

I've listened to several live recordings that you can hear entire conversations from audience members. Yes you can hear MM but you'll hear the person next to you just as clear. 

" Lol it's a concert? The music is a lot louder then people talking "

Far from the truth, he has a legit issue. More and more as of late it seems shows have been less about the music and more about the social hang with friends. Thrice, I had two groups of friends with their backs turned to the band on the floor battling the music to have a conversation. Also, recently at Explosions in the Sky, Aaron West, Ray Lamontagne, and more.

These MM/Brand New shows are at some venues with lawns, you're almost guaranteed to have a ton of people having full conversations over the music on the lawn.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift