The Brand New Thread

Limousine is one of the reasons why, 'Devil And God' is my favorite Brand New album. It's so sad and beautiful it's a work of art, with lyrics like "I used to make my parents proud" and "He's volunteered with grace to end your life" it's so perfectly sad. This is an album, that's made to sit down, drop the needle and read the lyrics, Daisy is a good album for this too. Deja's alright but I never really liked the acoustic/softness of the record. I can't wait tell their next tour, I heard Jessie is really kind but get's anxiety when meeting fans, I would love to meet him Has anybody here met him?

If I were to ever meet Jesse Lacey, I'd shake his hand, thank him for the great music and honesty in his words, then punch him in the side of the head, and when he's on the ground crying why I hit him, I'd just say "Since you stole my dollar! You get a punch! Bitch!". And walk away. 

I've met Jesse once, and Brian, VIn and Derrick twice. Jesse was in sort of a rush when I met him, so it was only like 2 minutes, but it was cool. He stopped to talk to me just because I waved to him as he walked by. He also gave me a paper "Happy New Year!" tiara that he had been wearing, haha. The other guys are all pretty cool too. I talked about guitars and stuff with Vin, he is a funny guy. 

I would take a whole album with Welcome to Bangkok/Untitled style instrumentals.

I've said this a few times over the years and people say I'm dumb, Jesse's lyrics are where it's at and blahblahblah.

Fuck that. Welcome to Bangkok is EASILY their best song.  I blast it at full volume every time it comes on.  When it starts rocking, it's really rocking.

I met him once in Albany when he was doing that solo-ish tour with Kevin Devine.  Anytime I meet a celebrity of some caliber, I just kinda give them a minute of appreciation and let them be because I always felt it'd be annoying to try to chit-chat with people you don't know, so I didn't want to bug them.  But that's because I hate small talk and assume that everyone else hates small talk because everyone should.  I'm a fairly quiet person unless I get going on a real topic because I just don't like talking about unimportant things.

Can you believe I'm a teacher?

I saw Brand New with The Builders and the Butchers at Newport Music Hall in Columbus a few years ago and as my fiance and I were standing in line this dude walked out of the venue holding a bag of chipotle, did the little head nod thing to us as he walked past us in the line and disappeared...after this happened everyone who was standing in line looked at each other and were all like "was that Jesse Lacey?"

One of the coolest and saddest experiences of my life...

Does anyone collect their bootlegs? I'd like to think I have every known one (minus YouTube rips), but the SLC show was one that I was unaware existed. Here are some of my favorite recordings:

(Note: These are links to the setlists, not the audio itself. PM me if you want the audio.)

Does anyone know of any bootlegs from last year's UK and Canadian jaunts? Also, has anyone ripped these shows?:

Brand New at Playa del Sol, Cherry Hill, NJ - 01/25/2002

Brand New at County Fair Entertainment Park, Medford, NY - 08/31/2002

Despite only being YouTube rips, the sound on them is decent enough to warrant their addition to my collection. I just haven't taken the time to rip them myself. This is the video of the Meow Meow show. The audio recording I have is separate from it.

Vin's my friend's cousin, and Jesse's sister was a teacher at my highschool.

Not surprised I guess that's just how shit is when you're from a relatively small town and some locals make it big. Still think it's all pretty cool though.

Fun fact: I drive under "the overpass" often. I used to walk over it even more often. Never passed out on it but came close a few times. Passed bottles, but unfortunately not back to anyone named Pete.

i used to have about 30 bootlegs on my ipod. i listened to all 0 full band sets.

the only ones i can do are the downtown, and vw green room. and there was one set that i kept forever only because it featured like an 11 minute untitled jam.

• 3 weeks later...