CONFESSIONS

I just got back from my first ever (overdue) therapy session for what seems to be several ahead of me. i am feeling so different where i am a mix of some residual emotions from what we talked about and hopeful. might be the first time i've felt hopeful in a really long time.

good shit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Until two weeks ago, I was in a committed relationship for 4 1/2 years, but prior to that it was off and on for two. So 6.5 years of my life in a relationship where we made the most awesome son a man and woman could ask for. But it has come to the end.

So many things to deal with. Moving, or waiting out our lease and living so akwardly. Knowing what to say to our son. Making a schedule where we have him equally but trying to keep it as close to routine as before so he suffers the least. Lots of sadness, but some good moments.

So, anyway, I made out with a girl who was not my ex. The post-relationship make out after a significant relationship is weird. It's like I had never done it before. Kissing that is. I honestly couldn't remember how, as these lips were not the ones I knew for so long. Took a couple tries over the span of two days, but I think I remember how. 

Until two weeks ago, I was in a committed relationship for 4 1/2 years, but prior to that it was off and on for two. So 6.5 years of my life in a relationship where we made the most awesome son a man and woman could ask for. But it has come to the end.

So many things to deal with. Moving, or waiting out our lease and living so akwardly. Knowing what to say to our son. Making a schedule where we have him equally but trying to keep it as close to routine as before so he suffers the least. Lots of sadness, but some good moments.

So, anyway, I made out with a girl who was not my ex. The post-relationship make out after a significant relationship is weird. It's like I had never done it before. Kissing that is. I honestly couldn't remember how, as these lips were not the ones I knew for so long. Took a couple tries over the span of two days, but I think I remember how.

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like you two are trying to deal with the situation as civil as possible. That will help a lot with your son. Time to listen to some Pedro and Damien Jurado for a while.

I'm certain that the universe has an infatuation with punishing me any time I spend money.

A few shirts that I've had my eye on were coming up at great prices, so I picked them up.. Knowing I would keep maybe one.

This morning, phone died, like for real dead on the way to work. Whatever. I needed to replace it anyway, I was just hoping id be able to put that off until my upgrade in January.

As I was trying to pay off the tax on that today (because I'm stuck financing it) my debit card was declined because my car payment put me in the negatives, after is already spoke to my company about holding off on letting that payment go through.

Then I heard from my mom that my car, that I'm trying to sell with absolutely no luck, has a dead battery, with an inspection sticker that's about to expire.

I'm basically broke as fuck. Can't afford my student loans. Probably even my rent for the most part. And I'm stuck working my ass off every single day and getting paid a fraction of what i deserve. And I don't see any end in sight, because I've never been in a position where I was earning any excess money at all.

Everything's coming up Ryan!

-Sometimes my kid wants to play baseball, I tell him in a minute hoping he'll forget

-My car has something obviously wrong with it, like, probably really wrong with it, but I don't feel live taking it into the shop right now.I just keep driving it like nothings going on even though I trust my mechanic

-I once returned a bootleg DVD from the flea market to Wal mart for a profit!

I'm certain that the universe has an infatuation with punishing me any time I spend money.

A few shirts that I've had my eye on were coming up at great prices, so I picked them up.. Knowing I would keep maybe one.

This morning, phone died, like for real dead on the way to work. Whatever. I needed to replace it anyway, I was just hoping id be able to put that off until my upgrade in January.

As I was trying to pay off the tax on that today (because I'm stuck financing it) my debit card was declined because my car payment put me in the negatives, after is already spoke to my company about holding off on letting that payment go through.

Then I heard from my mom that my car, that I'm trying to sell with absolutely no luck, has a dead battery, with an inspection sticker that's about to expire.

I'm basically broke as fuck. Can't afford my student loans. Probably even my rent for the most part. And I'm stuck working my ass off every single day and getting paid a fraction of what i deserve. And I don't see any end in sight, because I've never been in a position where I was earning any excess money at all.

Everything's coming up Ryan!

tl;dr

i'm a selfish asshole, and the only way i've ever learned how to get what i want is by spending money that i don't and won't have.

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like you two are trying to deal with the situation as civil as possible. That will help a lot with your son. Time to listen to some Pedro and Damien Jurado for a while.

Best advice ever. Thanks dude! 

"My old man always swore that hell would have no flames. Just a front row seat to watch your true love pack her things and drive away."

Both sets of my grandparents are still alive and I've never had anyone close to me die. I'm scared I won't be able to handle it. I'm 23 with no tragedy in my life. I guess that means I'm lucky but still..

I was exactly the same as you until this year. I had no tragedy at all until I was 24 and lost grandparents and my mother in the same couple of months.

It's been tough but all you can do to get through is turn to your other family members and stick together.

I was exactly the same as you until this year. I had no tragedy at all until I was 24 and lost grandparents and my mother in the same couple of months.

It's been tough but all you can do to get through is turn to your other family members and stick together.

Dang that's heavy, thanks for the kind words

Thought this was cool thread, so I'll join.

-I do not believe in god, but my entire family does and I have not told them.

-my best friend is super religious and in the process of becoming a youth pastor at his church. He is only this religious because of me, surprisingly.

-I never told him I don't believe, but he knows. And we're still best buds.

Thought this was cool thread, so I'll join.

-I do not believe in god, but my entire family does and I have not told them.

-my best friend is super religious and in the process of becoming a youth pastor at his church. He is only this religious because of me, surprisingly.

-I never told him I don't believe, but he knows. And we're still best buds.

I've grown up in church and as I've gotten older and began to research things more objectively, a lot of relgious ideologies seem off base to me. Im still trying to figure out what that means to me and it's been a struggle.

I've grown up in church and as I've gotten older and began to research things more objectively, a lot of relgious ideologies seem off base to me. Im still trying to figure out what that means to me and it's been a struggle.

I grew up in church too. Went just about every Sunday. I even worked at a church camp two summers. But as I grew older, it just didn't seem right to me. I always prayed and prayed, but it seemed like they never got answered. It just never worked for me.