Turnover new album "Magnolia" out 4/16 via RFC

What would a snazzy hand drawn cover look like? Sort of un-snazzy by definition.

Also, the shirt is actually printed in a more expensive manner than silk screening.

Maybe some colour? I don't know. After taking a good amount of time, I thought it would be something a bit more than a doodle done with pen over pencil lines that weren't even erased. Danny is a talented dude, a hand drawn cover was (in my head) more than a doodle. The one that was posted above looks like the drawings he used to do on USPS labels and give out for free.

I'm really not complaining, so I'm hoping you're not getting defensive, cause sometimes you do when people give their feedback on your product, I'm just trying to express how underwhelming it was, and I'm sure others share my same sediment.

Also, with the shirt, that is a bummer you took a more expensive route and It came out this way. The colours are kind of off and don't even match the album art. I'm sure folks (myself included) would have been more content with just like a simple front pocket tee with the RFC logo on it, and then jus left the print that's on the back of the shirt.

again, please don't get defensive Jeff, as I fully support you and what you do as a record label (I'm sure that obvious), I just wanted to give my honest opinion on the package thus far. I'm hoping the poster will help justify the $50 price tag, at least in my mind.

Maybe some colour? I don't know. After taking a good amount of time, I thought it would be something a bit more than a doodle done with pen over pencil lines that weren't even erased. Danny is a talented dude, a hand drawn cover was (in my head) more than a doodle. The one that was posted above looks like the drawings he used to do on USPS labels and give out for free.

I'm really not complaining, so I'm hoping you're not getting defensive, cause sometimes you do when people give their feedback on your product, I'm just trying to express how underwhelming it was, and I'm sure others share my same sediment.

Also, with the shirt, that is a bummer you took a more expensive route and It came out this way. The colours are kind of off and don't even match the album art. I'm sure folks (myself included) would have been more content with just like a simple front pocket tee with the RFC logo on it, and then jus left the print that's on the back of the shirt.

again, please don't get defensive Jeff, as I fully support you and what you do as a record label (I'm sure that obvious), I just wanted to give my honest opinion on the package thus far. I'm hoping the poster will help justify the $50 price tag, at least in my mind.

did you post a pic of yours and I missed it? I wanna see.

I mean you are complaining either way but no one said you're not allowed to complain. I just feel like if you took into consideration what 'hand drawn' means, that you would come to the conclusion color isn't really an option. 

i should have said im really not TRYING to complain, even if i am. 

i have actually taken into consideration what hand drawn means. is colour not an option for hand drawn? i can hand draw a picture right now with colour in it, so im not sure i understand fully how its not an option, but then again, not TRYING to argue either, so ill just assume from here on out hand drawn means no colour, and a doodle or two. 

it is what it is, cant change it now,  just wanted to share my opinion on it and how i felt underwhelmed. im sure im not the only one that feels this way..just the only one thats getting vocal about it, cause people get scared to confront you about things because you tend to get defensive when it comes to people not being happy with something you guys put out/the way its handled. 

Those definitely look rushed, probably due to them basically having to start over right around when the album was already released.  I wasn't super into the shirt in the bundle so I skipped it, and I'm not upset about it anymore.  I definitely can't argue that they aren't "hand drawn" and both of the designs posted are pretty cool, like I said they just look rushed.

i should have said im really not TRYING to complain, even if i am. 

i have actually taken into consideration what hand drawn means. is colour not an option for hand drawn? i can hand draw a picture right now with colour in it, so im not sure i understand fully how its not an option, but then again, not TRYING to argue either, so ill just assume from here on out hand drawn means no colour, and a doodle or two. 

it is what it is, cant change it now,  just wanted to share my opinion on it and how i felt underwhelmed. im sure im not the only one that feels this way..just the only one thats getting vocal about it, cause people get scared to confront you about things because you tend to get defensive when it comes to people not being happy with something you guys put out/the way its handled. 

Dude, you know exactly what I am saying. It takes a long time to draw 75 record covers with original ideas. It would probably take 10x longer if color was involved. I think that's really obviously the point I was trying to make. 

Some of the covers are really cool. I'll post some pictures soon. 

I think occasionally hand drawn covers could be a good idea, but 50-100 for every release I think could be problematic. I have a Draft 7" that was colored in by Var's kids from No Idea and that took a long time to come in. It was cool for sure, but I wouldn't want a bunch of them.

Jeff ever give thought to having 1-3 different drawings screen printed in the deluxe packages instead? Not quite the personal touch for every one, but personal for the person who drew it. Just a thought. I shall retreat now...

I think occasionally hand drawn covers could be a good idea, but 50-100 for every release I think could be problematic. I have a Draft 7" that was colored in by Var's kids from No Idea and that took a long time to come in. It was cool for sure, but I wouldn't want a bunch of them.

Jeff ever give thought to having 1-3 different drawings screen printed in the deluxe packages instead? Not quite the personal touch for every one, but personal for the person who drew it. Just a thought. I shall retreat now...

We will hopefully never do the hand drawn thing again. As for the second idea, although much more reasonable, that would pretty much just create 3 more versions which I am sure would make plenty of people upset. 

Haha I actually thought the same thing as I typed it. I should have just said 1. You understand what I mean though? Just something like a screened jacket. Not original or groundbreaking, but an incentive to go for the deluxe for uber nerds/collectors/whatever.

Yeah, I like doing screened jackets in general. The Citizen ones came out amazing. 

I dig the shit out of the ciz ones, can't wait to get it.

And again, I didn't say I was upset, just underwhelmed. I know it takes a while to do unique covers (as this did). I guess my expectations were just too high, and that's all my fault.

Would love to see some of the other covers though.