WTB: Caspian & Gifts From Enola

davidsaidno

I was going to mention the same thing. I saw them on the first date of the tour and they had that and Live At Old South Church (pink/white marble). 

You drove all the way from Roanoke to Chapel Hill? We drove from Tidewater area (about 3 hrs). What an awesome show!

From Fathoms /300 was not too hard for me to find this summer, but since then all the copies have dried up. Will keep an eye for ye.

You drove all the way from Roanoke to Chapel Hill? We drove from Tidewater area (about 3 hrs). What an awesome show!

From Fathoms /300 was not too hard for me to find this summer, but since then all the copies have dried up. Will keep an eye for ye.

Yup! That's usually about how far I have to travel. It was about a 2.5-3 hr drive for us. It was hands down one of the greatest shows I've ever been to. I've been listening to them for years but never got the chance to see them play. I was not let down at all! There is this great record shop down the street from 506 that we went to called CD Alley. Did you happen to check that place out? And that would awesome if you could keep an eye out for me on that Gifts record. In January, I emailed Lindsay and Joel about a possible repress of From Fathoms and was ecstatic by the response. "Absolutely, it's one of our favorite records we've ever released. I believe the band wants to get it remixed & remastered before any represses take place :) Hopefully we can get to it sometime this year!" :D

Definitely one of the BEST shows for me, too, from Junius's opener,  and then "Of Foam and Wave" where Caspian just blasted off like a rocket shp!  Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to just mess around there and check out record shops; plus I went to Wake Forest undergrad, so anytime in Chapel Hill, if I stay too long start getting the hives haha.  ;)   The Cat's Cradle, right around the corner from Local 506 was where we saw Russian Circles, Marriages and Chelsea Wolfe last summer.  Russian Circles' set was mind-blowing as usual, not to mention the 'openers'

I checked around my usual haunts for FF (my favorite of GFEs -- but I like them all, all are unique, which is great) but no luck tonight. You Might have to put an ebaY search on. Believe or not, though I've gotten blown out of the water on ebaY many times on Sheath material, I also got lucky on a Black /100 Tertia for $18 (no joke, and never played), and 2 Junius /100 variants for $15.  So there are deals to be had if patient.  But I have also paid some very strong $$ for things I perceive as rare and getting tucked away, no regrets. Definitely buried in them, literally, or pass on to the kids. But I love the music, the bands and the TMS label.

Great news to hear J&L are going to repress FF!  Overdue, more than a 3rd press of Tertia. But that is a hall of fame classic record--so glad they played quite a bit at that show.