NCAA March Madness 2013 (Official Thread)

The Marcus Lattimore injury was worse. That tibia fracture was clean. That'll heal fine. It's no worse than when Michael Bush or Willis McGahee broke their legs in college.

That being said.. This city is gonna go crazy if Louisville wins it all. And I don't believe there is anybody who can guard Russ Smith. Glad I went to day shift.

Okay so one of these people will be getting $30 in a check or sent to their paypal. There are 10 people in the online bracket so 4 of them are ineligible. If you win but didn't pay I will reward you with a "like" and 5 star profile rating and e-high five.

tellallyourfriends

malonekw

paintedinexile

bigbruise

jetsfanforever80

jeffersonhowell

It looks like this will be coming down to the wire.

also, andy enfield (fgcu) just got a hc job at usc.  as many of you know, i despise this guy.  did the eagles have a great run, absolutely.  was it historical, absolutely.  however, this guys salary going from 150,000 a year to 1.5 million a year is absolutely insane.  his players played with a chip on their shoulder and with a lot of swagger during opening weekend of the tournament, but this guys head coaching record was 39-28.  39-28 in the atlantic sun for crying out loud.  his conference record in the atlantic sun was 21-15.  this season they lost to 5 teams in the that had a rpi in the 200's.

personally, think their ad made a horrible decision and they are going to regret picking a coach and will be gone in a year or two.

Jeff - jetsfan4ever

Jimmy - bigbruise

Kevin - malonekw

Paul - tellallyourfriends

??? - jeffersonhowel

??? - paintedinexile

who is jeffersonhowel and painted?  trying to see if i still have a shot at the money.  if one of them is not rich, i'm stll in it to win it.

i am pretty sure rich mcconnell is painted in exile

I'm beginning to wonder if firing Tubby Smith was the wrong move. Granted, I blamed him for some of our losses, whether it be him changing line-ups, or not motivating his team. There were way too many games where we came out flat, and got outscored by 20+ in the first half, only to make a furious comeback that would ultimately fall short because the first-half deficit was too much to overcome. Every year under him we have come out hot, only to fold in Big Ten play, especially in February. I honestly thought Teague had a plan when firing him, but I'm beginning to question that now. All we are doing is giving other coaches raises and extensions. Imagine what Izzo or some other great coach would have done with Trevor Mbakwe, Rodney Williams, Andre and Austin Hollins, Joe Coleman, etc. It's just frustrating seeing what our team is capable of, only to under perform year in, and year out. Plus I honestly wonder why so many of our players bolted for other programs (Devoe Joseph, Royce White, Colton Iverson, Justin Cobbs, etc.).

The reason I'm questioning this move though, is this the ceiling for our program? Are we capable of consistently competing for a Big Ten title, and making the Sweet 16, or further? I'm wondering if this will turn out to be a "you don't know what you have until it's gone" sort of a thing. We have three or four big time recruits here, including Tyus Jones, the best point guard in the country, but we'll probably miss out on. One, because we don't have a practice facility, and our arena is one of the oldest in the country. Two, playing for the Minnesota Gophers isn't as illustrious as playing for UCLA, Duke, Michigan State, North Carolina, Kansas, etc. And third, who wants to play and live in the cold here when you could be in California or Florida.

I really hope we can hire someone good, but I'm beginning to think we'll be hard pressed to find someone better than Tubby.

None of them.

I had Louisville winning it all, but I am in no way a fan I just think they are good.

Shockers are cool because it is the underdog, but besides that I don't like them.

Bitchigan, boo.

Syracuse beat IU and Marquette so fuck them.

I think I'll just hate on everybody.