PO: The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

I finally came across a copy of Sagarmatha at Flat Black and Circular in East Lansing, MI last weekend (along with some DJ Q-Bert, Girl in a Coma, Tortoise, Charles Mingus & Hank Mobley)

Has anyone gotten the second pressing of Illumination Ritual yet?

It's supposed to be Swamp Green and Aqua Blue.

Yes sir! I have received this copy of Illumination Ritual. Awesome to see how well received this album has become! Between the first retail pressing ( /1200), the 180g mailorder version ( /500), and the Record Club version ( /300), this record sold all 2,000 in basically no time at all! This second retail pressing is on Swamp Green and Aqua Blue with a pressing of 1000. It's beautiful!! If you've yet to purchase this record, I'd highly recommend snagging this variant!

When did you get the Swamp Green/Aqua Blue one?

I'm still waiting on mine...

Almost two weeks ago now. No need to worry though. These folks are real busy and things can certainly get backed up. As with any small operation. If you in any way worried, feel free to e-mail [email protected] -- she handles all of this stuff and will get you squared away!!

this album is in my top 5 of 2013, its so damn good. 

Definitely my top five as well, so far.  I knew it was good the first time I played it, but its lasting power has really impressed me.  If anything, it only gets better and better.  Easily my favorite album of 2013 to drive around with, especially with this summer weather.

I finally came across a copy of Sagarmatha at Flat Black and Circular in East Lansing, MI last weekend (along with some DJ Q-Bert, Girl in a Coma, Tortoise, Charles Mingus & Hank Mobley)

Has anyone gotten the second pressing of Illumination Ritual yet?

It's supposed to be Swamp Green and Aqua Blue.

More interested to hear about your Mingus and Mobley finds.

Love all the A/C records -- each has something to offer in its own right including End of the Ring Wars (the one I put off initially as the 'grower').  Lost Songs has one or two I'm tempted to skip over, but that's about it.

After > 10 listens, Illumination Ritual definitely has met or exceeded every expectation!

Now, if these guys would hit the East Coast sometime :)

• 2 weeks later...

Appleseed Cast never wears off for me. I'll listen to any album any time, and be pleased to sit all the way through it. And yes, I really enjoyed that music video, it's very...different.

Also applies to this guy right here. I usually don't like when bands keep releasing music that could fit anywhere in their discography, but TAC are just... right. That sounds kinda dumb, oh well.