PO: The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Talkeetna said:

Are they ever going to repress Low Level Owl? Sorry if that's a redundant question. I sold both my copies a couple years ago and regret it mightily. 

When the gold repress came out a couple years ago and has since sold out,  it was noted there that it would be the last pressing. 

1 minute ago, kas1985 said:

When the gold repress came out a couple years ago and has since sold out,  it was noted there that it would be the last pressing. 

Probably another stupid Deep Elm stipulation. I'm guessing it was the last time they could use those plates and shelling out more money for plates for a 3LP release is expensive.

39 minutes ago, Sh100by said:

Probably another stupid Deep Elm stipulation. I'm guessing it was the last time they could use those plates and shelling out more money for plates for a 3LP release is expensive.

I tried looking around for the link that stated the gold pressing would be the last pressing, but Big School Records, the label that put out the gold pressing has significantly changed their website since I purchased from them. Thus, the wording indicating that it would be the last pressing is no longer there. 

Edited by kas1985

17 minutes ago, Talkeetna said:

"They" as in the band, assuming they are the ones who sign off on represses. I wasn't aware that Deep Elm was a pain to work with. 

Unfortunately, they're not. The Deep Elm releases are totally controlled by John Szuch.  I'm sure Ryan (Graveface) worked with the band for the DE represses he handled, but unless the licensee extends an arm to the band, they don't have anything to do with it.

I had forgotten that the last gold repress was advertised as the last.

28 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

At the end of the day, I just want to know why anyone would consciously own and then part ways with LLO:V3.

Not just one, but two copies. I was moving across the country and some of my vinyl started looking less essential. I've sold a lot of awesome shit over the years that I wish I hadn't. I deserve to be shamed. I probably listened to that record a hundred times if that's any consolation. 

16 minutes ago, Talkeetna said:

Not just one, but two copies. I was moving across the country and some of my vinyl started looking less essential. I've sold a lot of awesome shit over the years that I wish I hadn't. I deserve to be shamed. I probably listened to that record a hundred times if that's any consolation. 

That's tragic to hear.  I can never decide with 100% confidence, but more often than not I feel like V1 is my favorite Appleseed record to date, and both records are really special in my books.  The good news is that nothing stays OOP, it seems.  I know the band were originally going to do a LLO tour at the end of the year (and early next year), to celebrate its 20-year anniversary.  I would like to imagine they'd do something in the vein of a repress to commemorate the occasion, too.

19 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I own an original Gilead pressing with the print, don’t ever listen to it, and still would never sell it. Haha. 

What's this print you speak of?  You've got me curious.