PO: The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

What's this print you speak of?  You've got me curious.

When Gilead did the first pressing, in 2006, the first 115 orders came with a print. Very minimal, one color(black in white), numbered. Nothing crazy, or even cool, unless you’re a freak or TAC collector. I ended up getting two and sold one about 10-12 years ago for $80 or so.

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Considering the huge departure they took with the Ring Wars art, I would be baffled if this new press used the OG album art.

yeah this was my suspicion and a quick look at the Thirtysomething instagram shows what might be a design element for the repress. keeping the heart motif, at least.

I remember when Deep Elm proclaimed the gold would be the be all end all last pressing. They even sold the metal mother master discs used to press the vinyl . I was luckily enough to snag Side D way back then. Somehow dumb young me not only kept it, but left it in decent enough shape through the years and now it hangs as my 'vinyl mantle' centerpiece.  Hope the other mothers are fairing as well.

13 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

When Gilead did the first pressing, in 2006, the first 115 orders came with a print. Very minimal, one color(black in white), numbered. Nothing crazy, or even cool, unless you’re a freak or TAC collector. I ended up getting two and sold one about 10-12 years ago for $80 or so.

8 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Just discovered there’s a picture of it on the Discogs listing. It’s about as “2006 of a print with an LP” as you can get haha.

Good eye.  I was going to ask if you wouldn't mind taking a photo of it the next time you had the chance, since a Google image search wasn't yielding any real results.  But yeah, for anyone else curious to see it, it is indeed pretty minimal stuff.

R-857047-1467494469-4834.jpeg.jpg

17 hours ago, Derek™ said:

That's tragic to hear.  I can never decide with 100% confidence, but more often than not I feel like V1 is my favorite Appleseed record to date, and both records are really special in my books.  The good news is that nothing stays OOP, it seems.  I know the band were originally going to do a LLO tour at the end of the year (and early next year), to celebrate its 20-year anniversary.  I would like to imagine they'd do something in the vein of a repress to commemorate the occasion, too.

What's this print you speak of?  You've got me curious.

If they do a LLO tour I will die. That would be a dream come true. 

16 hours ago, Letskissthesky10 said:

If they do a LLO tour I will die. That would be a dream come true. 

They toured on the album when it came out and then they played the album in it's entirety on their 2010 tour with Dreamend. I love the album too, but wouldn't hold out much hope that they'd center a tour on it a third time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 2:32 PM, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

They toured on the album when it came out and then they played the album in it's entirety on their 2010 tour with Dreamend. I love the album too, but wouldn't hold out much hope that they'd center a tour on it a third time.

I was lucky enough to catch the LLO show in Portland back in 2010.  It was one of the most memorable shows I've been to.

1 hour ago, JRHews said:

I'm surprised it was there if so. I feel like it's been oop for a while which is why they did a repress. 

Yeah, it said there were a few in stock (maybe storefront stock they put up online?). I probably would've gotten that variant if I didn't simultaneously order the Tennis System RSD release.