PO: The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

i looked at a physical copy of the 7" last night, and it said it was an instrumental version.

as for the album, it's beautiful.

nothing on it seems very memorable to me yet, but i've spun it about 4 times now and enjoyed it each time.

i had the same problem with their last two albums too, tho.

nothing on them really sticks with me, but it doesn't mean i don't enjoy them when i play them.

not nearly as catchy as two conversations, mare, or ring wars.

i looked at a physical copy of the 7" last night, and it said it was an instrumental version.

as for the album, it's beautiful.

nothing on it seems very memorable to me yet, but i've spun it about 4 times now and enjoyed it each time.

i had the same problem with their last two albums too, tho.

nothing on them really sticks with me, but it doesn't mean i don't enjoy them when i play them.

not nearly as catchy as two conversations, mare, or ring wars.

I can agree with that last part. It's hugely enjoying when i listen but I can't remember any of it.

That's good to hear that it was enjoyable. Mare Vitalis is one of the records I'd save if my house burned down, I'd be overwhelmed if anything they ever do could rival it haha.

What I'm talking about is the vocal track. I could swear I read that it was an early version of the song when the charity series was being hyped.

That's good to hear that it was enjoyable. Mare Vitalis is one of the records I'd save if my house burned down, I'd be overwhelmed if anything they ever do could rival it haha.

What I'm talking about is the vocal track. I could swear I read that it was an early version of the song when the charity series was being hyped.

It's been mentioned that the charity version was an earlier mix/master, and that the final version may differ. I wouldn't really expect it to be much more than maybe some different levels and volumes.

From Facebook!

also from facebook

Fuck! Due to a packaging error, 60 copies of the black 180gram vinyl of 'Illumination Ritual' have slipped out into the world unexpectedly. Appleseed Cast is currently on tour and have some at the merch table. They also have copies of the retail color. So if you have slept on those pre-orders, you can grab one in person at any of their upcoming shows. That of course lowers the amount that we have at graveface.com. You can grab one of the last remaining ones here:

people must be getting these already? i found someone sharing the mp3s on soulseek this morning. this album is a lot better than sagarmatha. if you're waiting to hear it before you buy it, don't. it's good. i can't wait to get mine. 

That's a bold statement, literally. 

- side note : people still use peer-to-peer to download files? 

Brian Cook from Russian Circles on the file 'sharing' issue, from last week.

http://bubblesandgutz.tumblr.com/post/47707409160/artistsagainstpiracy-vs-artistsforpiracy

(thread derailing fast)...

i agree with this little essay a lot, actually. i wasn't condoning sharing and/or downloading by mentioning soulseek. i even mentioned you should all buy the record. i just know some people like to hear records before they actually buy them (his #4 point in the essay). people would have found out sooner or later,anyhow. i personally buy as many records as i can afford and i don't "share." having said that: BUY THE RECORD. IT'S GOOD!

saw these guys last night. it was beautiful.

bought the new album right out of chris' hand, and he signed it for me.

got home and opened it, turned out to be a black 180g, so that's cool too.

also bought a 7" from the band Muscle Worship that opened for them.

good times were had, for sure.

glad you dug Muscle Worship, I've known those dudes for years, really stand-up fellas