Portugal. The Man - Evil Friends

Dig the new song. I think every one of their releases are fantastic in their own rights, the only one I think that is genuinely weak as an album is American Ghetto. I'm loving the production too, Danger Mouse + PTM is sounding like a great combo. Real grimey.

It took me awhile to get into American Ghetto but when it clicked I really started to like it. Excited to hear the new song based on what you guys have said.

Dig the new song. I think every one of their releases are fantastic in their own rights, the only one I think that is genuinely weak as an album is American Ghetto. I'm loving the production too, Danger Mouse + PTM is sounding like a great combo. Real grimey. 

Wow, I am surprised that American Ghetto is your least favorite.  I love that album.  I like the soul-vibe on that record.

I must be the only one that likes their last three albums WAAAAYYYYY more than their first three.  I think Censored Colors is their worst by far, album bores me to death every time I try to listen to it.

At any rate, I'm excited to hear the new album, but based on that new single I think I'll hold off on the preorder.

i was one of their biggest fans for a while (jumped on the bandwagon as Censored Colors came out).  this most recent tour last year was one the most boring, unenthusaistic performances I've ever seen out them.  think it was my fifth time seeing them (including three road trips longer than 3 hours).  haven't listened to their music since that show.  hopefully this new stuff is pretty good.

i noticed the same thing on their last tour. keep in mind though, they lost their keyboardist and drummer and had to get fill-ins. i don't think those guys are still part of the band, as Kirk Huffman (fill-in keyboardist) is in Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground, Wild Orchid Children, etc. so i don't think that unity as a band was there and the enthusiasm on stage definitely suffered. not to mention you could just tell how lacking it was in keys/drums department. 

that being said, i still love all of their releases and i expect this release to be the same. i'll still go see them when they roll to the Glasshouse in April.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Song is awful. They sound just like every other 80's styled hipster band on the market today. Its saddening to me to see this band go to this. I was not digging the last few albums and thought they might turn it around but unfortunately, they're going somewhere that I cannot follow. Just played Church Mouth last night. Now, that's a fucking album!