Oblivion - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

So the score to this film is a collaboration between M83's Anthony Gonzalez and Joseph Trapanese (worked on the TRON: Legacy score with Daft Punk). The first track released called StarWaves is awesome. Have a listen:

https://soundcloud.com/backlotmusic/starwaves-from-oblivion/

Here's a link to an article with the tracklist.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oblivion-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-from-universal-pictures-featuring-new-music-by-m83-set-for-release-on-april-9-2013-196050521.html

I'm ecstatic for the release of this film and soundtrack, to say the least. The cd version is up for presale on Amazon, and I really hope they will press this on wax as well.

Anyone as excited as I am??

Thanks for the link! I'm definitely going to jump on that.

But anyone else come in this thread thinking it was the Elder Scrolls soundtrack?  I can't read I guess...

Me

Sorry about that. It did cross my mind as I posted it. That's why I didn't just name the thread "Oblivion Soundtrack" haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://blog.mondotees.com/2013/04/16/a-few-words-about-record-store-day-2013/

TL;DR info concerning Oblivion release: 

-Oblivion online release on April 26th will only contain the CLEAR vinyl. Oblivion store release on May 28th will only contain BLACK vinyl. This is specific to this release, and shouldn't be expected for all future releases (source : personal e-mail convo with Mondo).

Sorry for any confusion. Our online release will ONLY be clear. This is different from how we normally do things, but our deal with the OBLIVION people was a little different as well.

Have you ever shopped on Mondo before? The way they do it is they put these up at a random time during the day. They won't give you the time, but it is usually before lunch. When I bought the Drive Vinyl it sold out with in 30 mins. Others have said the older ones they released took almost all day to sell out. So Im not sure exactly how this one is going to do.  

Have you ever shopped on Mondo before? The way they do it is they put these up at a random time during the day. They won't give you the time, but it is usually before lunch. When I bought the Drive Vinyl it sold out with in 30 mins. Others have said the older ones they released took almost all day to sell out. So Im not sure exactly how this one is going to do.  

99.9% of the time their drops occur between 10-11 CST.