Oblivion - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

I'm not saying I agree with pitchfork all the time, especially when their writing is so based on personal feelings and keeping an edge... but i'd hardly say their scores are opposite of truth.

I can't remember the last time I've agreed with a Pitchfork review.  Honestly, I think they have pretty awful taste in music so for that reason, I haven't read a single thing they've written in probably 5 years.  They're that bad, IMO.  Because of that, anything that comes from the mouths (or fingers) of Pitchfork, I 100% take with a grain of salt.

I can't remember the last time I've agreed with a Pitchfork review. Honestly, I think they have pretty awful taste in music so for that reason, I haven't read a single thing they've written in probably 5 years. They're that bad, IMO. Because of that, anything that comes from the mouths (or fingers) of Pitchfork, I 100% take with a grain of salt.

The review was based almost entirely off their assumption that Gonzalez was taken advantage of by Hollywood. After reading the review I had almost no clue what they actually thought of the music. Pitchfork sux.

The review was based almost entirely off their assumption that Gonzalez was taken advantage of by Hollywood. After reading the review I had almost no clue what they actually thought of the music. Pitchfork sux.

Their writing style tends to convince you that they know what the fuck theyre talking about. Then you start reading enough of their reviews and start to realize that they just like to make themselves look smart. Total idiots over there which is a shame because Im pretty much pro anything Chicago-related.

Yeah people said that they checked instantly and it started up there around 1500. Selling 1500 records in a day is still pretty good, I wish people checked how many when Drive went up.

I would say probably about the same numbers maybe more. Who knows though. Since all the ones getting sent to stores are part of the same run it probably was even more. I think the only reason the Drive soundtrack sold out so quick is because I know plenty of people who ordered more than one just to get a better chance at the pink. Plus it was artwork by Tyler Stout who is one of the most popular artists for Mondo. 

I'd say another reason Drive sold out is people know the soundtrack. I mean, yeah, we can all go listen to this one but I mean people who generally WOULDN'T search that out. Drive wasn't new when Mondo dropped that vinyl, it's been out, it built a fan base. Drive has a big cult following, it's an awesome movie a lot of people love and when it comes to soundtracks that matters (both to collectors and flippers.)

I, personally, don't have any interest in this release. I have no interest in the film, first off. And that matters to me. If I don't like or haven't seen the film, I do NOT have the same connection to the soundtrack. Now to the music. It's not BAD, it's just not something I like enough to plunk $30 down on in vinyl form. 

All that coupled with what's already been said I'm not surprised. Even Deadly Spawn and Poltergeist didn't sell out nearly as fast as Drive.