Owel - Owel (Sold Out)

Fuck.  I'm really digging this but I can't do $38ppd to canada.  Bummer.

I would have offered to get it for ya because it's so good but I realized shipping will be the same if not more to do so :/ hope you end up liking it enough to get, it's absolutely worth it. still my favorite release of the year.

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

I don't like this record at all I don't know why. I usually agree with you on things

wow shit i saw you posted in here and i was like "oh yeah classic shlebs being awesome like usual" 

then i got sad : (((

it's okay, if we liked all the same stuff that'd be pretty weird, there has to be some differences.

After nearly a year I still get goosebumps listening to snowglobe and death in the snow. The whole album is great but those two tracks are something else.

Snowglobe is probably the "shortest" seven minute track I've ever heard. It always goes by so quickly and never gets stale.

So I was flipping through the channels earlier and I stop on the channel E! because I hear a song that sounds familiar.  And I shit you not, they were playing "Snowglobe" during something called "E! Special: Life After Anna Nicole."  My girlfriend was sitting with me and I said out loud "no fucking way."

I wonder if the band knows about this at all.  I wish i could somehow find the video or clip from the show because I couldn't believe it.

So I was flipping through the channels earlier and I stop on the channel E! because I hear a song that sounds familiar.  And I shit you not, they were playing "Snowglobe" during something called "E! Special: Life After Anna Nicole."  My girlfriend was sitting with me and I said out loud "no fucking way."

I wonder if the band knows about this at all.  I wish i could somehow find the video or clip from the show because I couldn't believe it.

Posted it to Jay, we'll see what he has to say.

I'd be really interested in hearing what he has to say because I feel like it's one of those cases where they were like "psh, this band is so obscure I doubt anyone who watches our shows will have heard it!"

On a similar note, Deep Elm stuff is always put on some weird TV shows. I'm friends with the guys in Again, For The Win and some of their music was put on an episode of Teen Mom and they were all kind of "what the fuck, but i guess this is maybe cool." All depends on who has permission to use their music.

That's crazy.  Yeah I'm not sure how I would look at it if I were them.  Either way it's more publicity, but then again, if you're song isn't credited (like I don't think it was or will be in the case with the Owel song), then does it even really count?  I know MTV usually lists the bands name and song title at the bottom of the screen when a song plays though so that's nice at least.

Plus it's an Anna Nicole show we're dealing with here.  Maybe the Owel guys were huge fans or something, lol.

After nearly a year I still get goosebumps listening to snowglobe and death in the snow. The whole album is great but those two tracks are something else.

Thanks for posting this, reminded me to go back and check intheclouds website to see what's new, and snagged an Owel test press. Anybody else?

Once again, can't believe the 300 copies of blue haven't sold out yet.

Thanks for posting this, reminded me to go back and check intheclouds website to see what's new, and snagged an Owel test press. Anybody else?

Once again, can't believe the 300 copies of blue haven't sold out yet.

Glad you bought that test press.  I've been eyeing it for a few weeks, so this eliminates the temptation.  Such a good record.

Does the vinyl come with a digital download. Also, can someone settle an argument my friend and I are having over the pronunciation of the name? It is it Owel like the animal or 'oh-well'?

It does not come with a download. 

From their Facebook page: "hi were owel... oh well... owl.... ohwull..... ohwheel..... hi were bob"