If you, or anyone else for that matter, places an order for an item that is in-stock and you use codes, and it's cancelled, seriously give Best Buy a call.  There's absolutely no reason an order for a product that is in-stock would be insta-cancelled, especially if you're paying a little bit extra on the order for the part the codes didn't pay for.  I would love to hear their explanation for that.  At the very least, they should be able to fix the fact that it was cancelled and fulfill your order.

I plan on it.  I don't think I would do anything if it happened on a backordered item, but if its something in stock I would feel much more comfortable calling and getting them to try to fix it/give an explanation.  As always, I'll report back when I end up pulling the trigger in a couple of weeks.

That doesn't really make any sense to me.  Where exactly the IP address is being used isn't public information, the closest that can happen is they can ballpark an area.  The ISP would have to be queried to find out what address that IP is being used at and I can't imagine they'd just give it to BestBuy.

Doesn't make sense to me either, but a Best Buy representative said it:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/Order-cancelled-quot-because-we-were-unable-to-verify-your/m-p/702393

Then again, they could just say something like that so that people will drop the conversation.

It doesn't make sense but apparently there is some validity to it, as I was able to place an order tonight at home after being unsuccessful at work the past two days (never had a problem placing orders at work prior to this Monday).

The 'too many orders in progress' theory makes a ton of sense.

Yeah, I'm thinking this might be it for me too.

I tried

A) At home

B) on a different day

C) Using no codes

D) Using a different credit card

And got instantly cancelled.

Going to wait for these open orders to close and try to order again.

I just don't get why their system would instantly cancel a regular, no-coupons order.

The BB.com website is mindboggling

I just recently had the "auto cancel" happen, so I set up a brand-new account with a different email, address, and CC #. Exact same auto cancel. Weird... And this is a card I've NEVER used with BB before.

So now I'm experimenting... Could be the IP address. I suppose I could place an order through my phone's browser and see if that works. And/or use PayPal.

Honestly, the main issue is that I was about to place a big order with quite a few codes (as well as my own money) and I don't want to deal with the hassle of that one getting auto-cancelled... Because then I WILL have to be on the phone with a rep trying to sort everything out.

I just recently had the "auto cancel" happen, so I set up a brand-new account with a different email, address, and CC #. Exact same auto cancel. Weird... And this is a card I've NEVER used with BB before.

So now I'm experimenting... Could be the IP address. I suppose I could place an order through my phone's browser and see if that works. And/or use PayPal.

Honestly, the main issue is that I was about to place a big order with quite a few codes (as well as my own money) and I don't want to deal with the hassle of that one getting auto-cancelled... Because then I WILL have to be on the phone with a rep trying to sort everything out.

If you can figure out a workaround (even a convoluted one), do share. I'm looking to purchase, with no codes, a record from them, and don't want to deal with the hassle of calling their number. I've done it before about a year ago and got the runaround and do not want to ever have to call them again.

For those of you getting auto-cancelled, try ordering every other day.

i tried this.  I ordered 48 hours after my previous order.

also, i ordered something different (the record I was trying to order is now listed as backordered)

and I haven't gotten an auto cancel yet...

So... Hopefully it works! We'll see!

Maybe it wasn't working because the record was supposed to be listed as backordered? Or maybe its just working because its the weekend? Or maybe I'll get insta-cancelled on Monday? I don't know. We'll see I guess.

Thats the thing about bestbuy.com, there's no way to tell what the real issues are.