For two days in row now, I've had orders that were supposed to cancel (have received the "if we don't get more in stock by X date, we will have to cancel your order" emails) not cancel.  The day before yesterday, my order canceled late in the day instead of in the morning as they usually are.  Could just be BB's system is still undergoing changes, idk.  But interesting, nonetheless.  Anyone else have this happen yesterday/today?

all is running normal... I had one run an extra week but ohh well.

Cave singers shipped for me as well yesterday. Finally!

item backordered on best buy.

item backordered on amazon, but amazon lists other sellers with a comparable price to the one listed on best buy.

item will eventually ship on best buy.

item backordered on amazon, but amazon lists other sellers with a much higher price as the one listed on best buy, or no other options at all.

item will never ship on best buy.

they outsource their active backlog. 

item backordered on amazon, but amazon lists other sellers with a comparable price to the one listed on best buy.

item will eventually ship on best buy.

item backordered on amazon, but amazon lists other sellers with a much higher price as the one listed on best buy, or no other options at all.

item will never ship on best buy.

they outsource their active backlog. 

Excellent point, Victorcleaner.  I had a feeling this was probably the case, but hadn't done any checking on it myself.

there is a definite correlation between Best Buy's online pricing/availability and Amazon's.  perhaps it is just a result of BBY's aggressive attempt to price match.  it probably works well for most consumer electronic products, but they get caught when it comes to the vinyl market.

the theory of "they must have found one in the corner of the warehouse" never sounded right to me. yet somehow BBY will ship a few titles after weeks and weeks of backorders.  

I happily received a ship notification for an album after several repeat orders had been cancelled.  it arrived in the standard BBY cardboard mailer, with a standard BBY invoice, but there was a label over the UPC code for City Hall Records.  

so my theory:

BBY is truly out of stock on these albums yet they are willing to take backlog on items that they believe can be sourced from their distributors or other market partners.  

possible outcomes:

1) the customer quote date expires.  BBY issues a coupon.  customer remains a customer.

2) their sources come through before the customer quote date and the item ships to the customer from BBY.  

3) the product arrives at BBY after the customer quote date.  nothing ships to the customer.  BBY issues a coupon.  item status is updated to In Stock.

4) the product arrives at BBY yet it is less than the total open backlog.  some customer orders are filled, others cancel.  item status remains Backordered.

definite outcomes:

1) people be shoppin 

there is a definite correlation between Best Buy's online pricing/availability and Amazon's.  perhaps it is just a result of BBY's aggressive attempt to price match.  it probably works well for most consumer electronic products, but they get caught when it comes to the vinyl market.

the theory of "they must have found one in the corner of the warehouse" never sounded right to me. yet somehow BBY will ship a few titles after weeks and weeks of backorders.  

I happily received a ship notification for an album after several repeat orders had been cancelled.  it arrived in the standard BBY cardboard mailer, with a standard BBY invoice, but there was a label over the UPC code for City Hall Records.  

so my theory:

BBY is truly out of stock on these albums yet they are willing to take backlog on items that they believe can be sourced from their distributors or other market partners.  

possible outcomes:

1) the customer quote date expires.  BBY issues a coupon.  customer remains a customer.

2) their sources come through before the customer quote date and the item ships to the customer from BBY.  

3) the product arrives at BBY after the customer quote date.  nothing ships to the customer.  BBY issues a coupon.  item status is updated to In Stock.

4) the product arrives at BBY yet it is less than the total open backlog.  some customer orders are filled, others cancel.  item status remains Backordered.

definite outcomes:

1) people be shoppin 

Well said.

On another note, the orders I mentioned above finally canceled and I got codes for them.  So it just took a few extra days.  All is well in couponland.

i started getting $10 codes for certain items.

nice! items as in more than 1 record? were they all 4 weekers or did they have anything in common to explain why, or did it seem random (like everything best buy has done so far haha)?

I had a 2 weeker cancel monday and tuesday and got 5's for both.

This, or if you don't have this link handy you can still go to the music section and scroll down a bit and there will be a "Features" section on the right with a vinyl link for you.

i had one cancel today with no offer of a code. It was due to cancel on schedule but they made no mention of a code to follow. Anyone have that happen recently?

Was it Saves the Day - Sound the Alarm? I had that one cancel today (a couple weeks early though) with an explanation of "We no longer have an expected ship date for this item" I've gotten these emails before and never gotten codes for them, so I wouldn't expect one.

Was it Saves the Day - Sound the Alarm? I had that one cancel today (a couple weeks early though) with an explanation of "We no longer have an expected ship date for this item" I've gotten these emails before and never gotten codes for them, so I wouldn't expect one.

No.. different album. I actually read the email closer and after the paragraph about how my card wasn't charged, I found a part that says I should look for "a special discount on you next bestbuy order..." and to look for an email in 2 days. So maybe one is coming but I won't be surprised if it disappears. I guess I was just used to seeing it mentioned in the subject of the email.  Maybe the emails are just evolving like the site does.

No.. different album. I actually read the email closer and after the paragraph about how my card wasn't charged, I found a part that says I should look for "a special discount on you next bestbuy order..." and to look for an email in 2 days. So maybe one is coming but I won't be surprised if it disappears. I guess I was just used to seeing it mentioned in the subject of the email.  Maybe the emails are just evolving like the site does.

I got one of these, too.  I think they might've just changed the format of the email.

So, I just ordered the new Avett Brothers record through BB.  It was $17.99 (which is the cheapest I've seen it anywhere).

But here's the kicker- it currently shows up as a 1-2 week backorder.  And according to the Avett's web store the vinyl is delayed a week or two.  It'll be hilarious if this cancels and gets me a code.

Just FYI- this did in fact ship.