How about Girl Talk- Night Ripper? 

I don't really think that would ship... Amazon doesn't have any for sale from them or from other retailers.  But there are 9 copies all around $20 for sale on discogs.

I had that on the list of things I wanted to get, it was listed as available only 2 weeks ago and is now backordered. I'm guessing someone tried to order it and Best Buy realized they didn't have any. I placed an order for it last week, I think it'll be a code generator, and if not, I love that album so it's all good haha

I had that on the list of things I wanted to get, it was listed as available only 2 weeks ago and is now backordered. I'm guessing someone tried to order it and Best Buy realized they didn't have any. I placed an order for it last week, I think it'll be a code generator, and if not, I love that album so it's all good haha

Sold Out Online.

At this point, I have to assume someone from BestBuy just sits on this thread and automatically changes the status of every single item anyone mentions.

Sold Out Online.

At this point, I have to assume someone from BestBuy just sits on this thread and automatically changes the status of every single item anyone mentions.

Good theory, let's test it haha I've been using Wale - Attention Deficit since early summer. Everyone use that one and see if it gets cancelled haha

Sold Out Online.

No way.  I think they probably just changed part of their online inventory program to change the item to 'sold out online' after x number of times it cancels. 

For those keeping score, last night I had a few orders cancel - no codes yet. This morning one order canceled and I got a replacement code (I had used codes on the order) and an e-mail saying that a discount was on the way. This is totally confusing now. I don't know that I'd say it is over, but it isn't as consistent.

It's funny too because the wording seems to change for me with every cancel. I have gotten like 4 versions of wording from straight up "we canceled your order" with no apology to "we're so sorry we had to cancel but let us make it up to you" with a paragraph apology that states how much they appreciate my business (Lol). I'm still getting codes but some of them never show and it doesn't seem to relate to the wording of the email.

Needless to say, I have made out nicely with this situation and I can't complain if its winding down.

The Dream changed to "Not Available for Online Shipping." Which is a clever way of BB saying, "Okay, smart guy. Find a store that actually HAS it in stock and you can order it... But we'll be damned if you place an order on a guaranteed cancel just to get a free code."

This actually happened with me for Johnny Cash's 16 Biggest Hits. Still on the site, but not available for shipping. Shame, I got a lot of mileage out of that one.

Gonna start doing this again so I can get some XBOne games. What are the albums that are working for you guys?

You picked a bad time to get back in the game. Most of the known code getters are gone (I was cycling through about 15 different albums, I think 1 is left, the Wale LP mentioned by someone else earlier). Plus you only get $5 codes now and can only redeem 5 at a time, so you're still looking at $35 for an Xbox One game if you can get 5 codes lined up.

You picked a bad time to get back in the game. Most of the known code getters are gone (I was cycling through about 15 different albums, I think 1 is left, the Wale LP mentioned by someone else earlier). Plus you only get $5 codes now and can only redeem 5 at a time, so you're still looking at $35 for an Xbox One game if you can get 5 codes lined up.

Wow that sucks. Still $25 off ain't bad but the time it'll take to amass those codes probably isn't worth it.

Sold Out Online.

Step 2:  Change status of a few $10 albums that have not sold in years, yet supply is available, as "Backordered 1-2 weeks".  

Step 3:  Clear out aging inventory.