Oh, just a heads up to you guys too...If you're into Wo Fat, I ordered The Black Code from Best Buy for $20. We'll see if they come through with it...it isn't looking too good though, the other stuff in that order shipped already and they have to "special order" it. Who knows though. I'll be super stoked if I get that guy for $20.

I tried a new email account but with the same card/shipping address. No dice. Keep us updated on you're expiriments please!

I stopped getting codes but noticed it was all the items they switched from backordered to special order

Really?  I never stopped getting codes... just don't have any more 'code generating' items.  They've switched them all to 'sold out online.'  Got any more sure-fire items?

It might be because I am new to both VC and Best Buy's insanely random pricing (GJ's TaW lured me in), but what are these $5 codes and how the hell do I get them lol?

Its a bit unspoken, if you have time, go back about a year to 14 months back in this thread and read through it.  a few people placed orders for OOP albums and when best buy canceled the order because they were not able to fill it they sent a courtesy promo code for your troubles.

Its a bit unspoken, if you have time, go back about a year to 14 months back in this thread and read through it.  a few people placed orders for OOP albums and when best buy canceled the order because they were not able to fill it they sent a courtesy promo code for your troubles.

I JUST did that lol. Thanks. Wow, that is pretty awesome. Had I known that, I would have done that SO much. i did order worship and tribute for $5.99, but I ACTUALLY hope it shows up.

Just ordered some OG Why? records from BestBuy.com that I'm 110% sure are out of print.

Is Best Buy known for selling items they can't fulfill?

they're on "special order" which is basically back order, and if the records are out of print means they probably won't get any more, which means you'll probably never get them. 

they're on "special order" which is basically back order, and if the records are out of print means they probably won't get any more, which means you'll probably never get them.

I donno...I ordered Wo Fat - The Black Code from them that way and they didn't charge me for it...until a week later that is. We'll see what that means soon I guess, hopefully that it'll be coming soon.

I donno...I ordered Wo Fat - The Black Code from them that way and they didn't charge me for it...until a week later that is. We'll see what that means soon I guess, hopefully that it'll be coming soon.

If you go on wo fats website they just put more of these up. Believe they repressed it which is why best buy can get it.

Excellent! So it'll be on orange, and I got free shipping, so cheaper than ordering direct from Wo Fat! :)

Now they need to reissue psychedelinaut.

Yeah hopefully they will. I have learned that for them you buy it initial run or it gets tough. Going to get the new record soon so i wont have that problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got $15 in free Best Buy Dollars after they canceled 3 of my orders due to backordering.

What's good?  I was looking at National's Trouble Will Find Me, some old Dr. Dog albums.  My goal is to use the money on a record whose price isn't $15 more expensive than Amazon rendering my discount irrelevant.

• 4 months later...