PO : Old Gray - An Autobiography

It's worth noting that Broken World Media has said that the record will be available as a free download when they hit 200 pre-orders. They said  on a Facebook post 45 minutes ago that they are already very close. So I say definitely give this a listen on bandcamp and buy it if you enjoy it and then we can all download it before we get our records. :)

I can see how they could be put in the same category as La Dispute, but I would say they are far from being a "pure" rip off or any rip off at all of them. They definitely have their own style. Also, do you mean the recent EP they put out called "Everything I Let Go & The Things I Refuse To" or do you mean "Do I Dare Disturb The Universe"? Though, either way I don't think either is THAT similar to La Dispute. But I do hear some flashes of it now and then in there.

They have similar musical styles and they both scream and do some spoken word and have deep poetic lyrics. I find Old Gray's screaming style to be a bit more hectic/chaotic at times. They switch it up a fair amount, whereas I find La Dispute has a more steady rhythm to the screaming/yelling. I don't know how to articulate it that well I guess, but Old Gray is far from a rip of of La Dispute or anyone else currently making music in my opinion.

I honestly really dig both bands, so it's not like I'd take any offense to someone comparing it to La Dispute. If that helps to give my points above any credence. I just don't really hear a whole lot of similarities beyond the faint similarities in general style. Definitely wouldn't call Old Gray a rip off by any means.

i'll give it another chance.  i think it was the "everything i let go" ep that i had heard.  the spoken word parts were what made me think la dispute rip immediately.  just listened to the first few tracks of the new one.  the first song was enjoyable, but i'm not a big LD fan because of the spoken word, so this probably won't be a favorite of mine either.

Loving this album after my first listen. Checked on my phone at 11:50 and saw it was up. Bought instantly haha.

hell yeah me too. I was going to buy it either way to support Cameron and the guys cause they're awesome. Anyway, you guys should give it a listen since it's free now anyways, and if you like it enough purchase from Broken World. Which is run by Derrick from The World Is...

tumblr_mjm26ibdhQ1qfwr7uo1_500.jpg

Dog Knights just posted this on their Facebook:

European Old Gray fans, this is the announcement you were waiting for! Here is all the info for the European pressing of 'An Autobiography'.

- 300 copies pressed; two colourways
- Pre-order cover for the first 25 orders and double pack orders
- Different label/spine art to the US press
- 5 tracks on side A, 3 tracks on side B. This is so both sides are around 13minutes each and the record can be pressed at 45rpm!

I want to thank the band for asking Dog Knights to put out a Euro version. This album is incredible and i so happy to be a part of this release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...