VC Fantasy Baseball League

pestano is the setup guy for Cleveland. Unless holds count or Perez is hurt he is pretty much useless for you fantasy wise.

Depends on scoring system. Set-up guys are useless in head to head (no innings limit). With an innings limit, the focus changes more from quantity of innings to quality.

If you played 3 Vinnie Pestanos last year you would have gotten 210 innings, 9 wins (going to be fewer wins per inning than starters but should really be more like 15), 228 strikeouts, 2.57 ERA, and 1.1 WHIP.

That's almost JV / Kershaw type numbers.

Depends on scoring system. Set-up guys are useless in head to head (no innings limit). With an innings limit, the focus changes more from quantity of innings to quality.

If you played 3 Vinnie Pestanos last year you would have gotten 210 innings, 9 wins (going to be fewer wins per inning than starters but should really be more like 15), 228 strikeouts, 2.57 ERA, and 1.1 WHIP.

That's almost JV / Kershaw type numbers.

I agree but if your league does not count holds it's a risk. I would rather go with a mid tier starter. If it's deep it does not hurt having a guy like that on your roster. You can't count on a guy like him repeating those numbers as much as you can a full time starter.

I agree but if your league does not count holds it's a risk. I would rather go with a mid tier starter. If it's deep it does not hurt having a guy like that on your roster. You can't count on a guy like him repeating those numbers as much as you can a full time starter.

It's about quality over quantity. Yeah, you can't predict anyone's stats. But the fact that a starter can "hide" a bad outing over more innings while a reliever cannot is not a positive from a fantasy owner's point of view. You want to start the guys that get the most outs/Ks and everything else takes care of itself. And relievers, in general because they don't have to pace themselves over many innings, give up fewer runs per inning pitched.

Even without holds, I'll take 3 middle relievers with lighting arms over all but the best starters. Obviously the negative is that you lock up a bunch of roster positions and you can't field an entire team of relievers. Love owning them (my league is 5x5 roto).

my pitching was insane this week.  5 W, 10 S, 75 K, 1.43 ERA, .976 WHIP

OH WAS IT? yeah you straight fucked me, even though i had another week that probably would've dominated most other teams. i also didn't realize we are in a daily league. i'm gonna stash more pitchers. and also pay more attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I watch/listen to a lot, but it's all Cardinal baseball.....so my team leans a little too heavy with current/former Cardinals.

whats funny is i pretty much only watch/pay attention to the Dodgers, and my buddy who did the draft for me his family is heavily associated with the dodgers (grandpa & dad are broadcasters, brother was drafted by them) but i only ended up w/ 2 dodgers.

Im hoping doing fantasy makes me pay more attention to the rest of the league but its been hard with the NHL end of season/playoffs, so hopefully after June i will be,