VC Fantasy Baseball League

• 3 months later...

I'm down to do this league again, I don't really care how many keepers we have. I prefer none (drafting is my favorite part) but will roll with any number you collectively decide. 

On the topic of fantasy baseball, I may be looking for a player or two to join a somewhat competitive (but not crazy) league. H2H points, $50 buy-in. PM if there is any interest. I can be more clear about "competitive" if need be.

RETURNING:

MikeT - Brew Crew 2013

stl_ben - The Sex-Bob-Bombers

TheMoosen - Bringing Sexon Back

ReffersonPowell - Luchas Del Muchados

chamb117 - Strangers in the Alps

Lemongoat - Her?

Ian Rees - Bad News Beers

brock309 - The Milwaukee Beers

jhook - JHooks Moshers

gkersey - Bad News Bearers

league will be H2H again

potential draft options will be keeper of up to 4 players, replacing 1st - 4th draft picks

draft will be assigned based on end-of-season standings

RETURNING:

MikeT - Brew Crew 2013

stl_ben - The Sex-Bob-Bombers

TheMoosen - Bringing Sexon Back

ReffersonPowell - Luchas Del Muchados

chamb117 - Strangers in the Alps

Lemongoat - Her?

Ian Rees - Bad News Beers

brock309 - The Milwaukee Beers

jhook - JHooks Moshers

gkersey - Bad News Bearers

league will be H2H again

potential draft options will be keeper of up to 4 players, replacing 1st - 4th draft picks

draft will be assigned based on end-of-season standings

draft order to be set today

in another league this is what we do (this really wont affect much this year, but if we do this again next it'll have an impact):

we kept 4 players, assigning each player to one of the first four rounds of the draft (they are locked in for keepers for up to 2 years)

at the start of the next season those players automatically move up two spots in the draft, so players kept for rounds 1 and 2 are no longer keeper players and are free agents and players assigned rounds 3 and 4 are automatically kept for rounds 1 and 2. 

we also have a mercy rule for a player who might be injured/suspended/whatever and at the agreement of the league they can be unkept.  so if someone decided to keep a-rod after the 2012 season and had him assigned to the 4th pick, they were automatically given him for 2013 and 2014 seasons.  because of his suspension, though, we are allowing him to be cut from the keeper spot, opening up that team up to keeping a different player for one year.

we have two teams who have only kept 3 players and then the guy who decided to keep arod.  so not everyone keeps 4 players, so you could decide to keep no one, or you could keep 3.