VC Fantasy Baseball League

in another league this is what we do (this really wont affect much this year, but if we do this again next it'll have an impact):

we kept 4 players, assigning each player to one of the first four rounds of the draft (they are locked in for keepers for up to 2 years)

at the start of the next season those players automatically move up two spots in the draft, so players kept for rounds 1 and 2 are no longer keeper players and are free agents and players assigned rounds 3 and 4 are automatically kept for rounds 1 and 2. 

we also have a mercy rule for a player who might be injured/suspended/whatever and at the agreement of the league they can be unkept.  so if someone decided to keep a-rod after the 2012 season and had him assigned to the 4th pick, they were automatically given him for 2013 and 2014 seasons.  because of his suspension, though, we are allowing him to be cut from the keeper spot, opening up that team up to keeping a different player for one year.

we have two teams who have only kept 3 players and then the guy who decided to keep arod.  so not everyone keeps 4 players, so you could decide to keep no one, or you could keep 3. 

are we going to do this for the keepers?  

Lets clear up any ambiguity. If we are going with Mike's scheme we MUST keep 4 players, one of which will remain on our roster for 4 years, right? I really like the idea but it will change who I keep I think. 

Are we doing this? Should we do this? Let's do this?

you dont HAVE to keep anyone, but IF you keep players the players you assign to your first and second round picks are only kept for ONE season and you will not be able to keep them for the NEXT season, if you choose to keep 3 or 4 players, the players you assign to your 3rd and 4th rd picks can be kept for THIS season and are ELIGIBLE to be kept for NEXT season as well. 

Ok. So it is a slightly modified version. Or I totally misunderstood the first time. 

I assume that also means that I CANNOT keep anyone outside of the 3 or 4 positions this time next year. Or is it that anyone BUT my 1 & 2 keepers are not eligible to be kept next year. 

I sure am complicating this, but you know, I want to win again. 

so after the season ends you can keep any player on your roster BUT the players in the 1st and 2nd rd.  IF you choose to keep the players you slotted in the 3rd and 4th rounds they will automatically be your 1st and 2nd rd picks.  you could also choose to NOT keep those two players and assign four completely new players to your keeper slots.  but the players you put in your 1st and 2nd round keeper slots are not eligible to be kept again no matter what.

• 3 weeks later...

ORDER FOR VC FBB DRAFT:

1. gkersey - Bad News Bearers

2. TheMoosen - Bringing Sexon Back

3. brock309 - The Milwaukee Beers

4. jhook - JHooks Moshers

5. chamb117 - Strangers in the Alps

6. stl_ben - The Sex-Bob-Bombers

7. Ian Rees - Bad News Beers

8. MikeT - Brew Crew 2013

9. Lemongoat - Her?

10. jeffersonhowell - Luchas Del Muchados