VC Fantasy Baseball League

I'm into unique ideas about keepers, but I think the point of tying keepers to your first picks is to help maintains some parity within the league. Unless I am missing something, this approach seems like it has the potential to upset that balance? If you're 10th round pick turns out to be the number one overall player it seems like you've already received that benefit of that smart pick and I'm less inclined to extend it for the next few years. 

Am I misunderstanding?

I'm into unique ideas about keepers, but I think the point of tying keepers to your first picks is to help maintains some parity within the league. Unless I am missing something, this approach seems like it has the potential to upset that balance? If you're 10th round pick turns out to be the number one overall player it seems like you've already received that benefit of that smart pick and I'm less inclined to extend it for the next few years. 

Am I misunderstanding?

case in point, when i drafted Trout i got him at #3. I mean not as dramatic as 10th but similar.

Im up for whatever.

Am I misunderstanding?

well, first things, the is not a deep league, so the talent is definitely going to be spread through 15+ rounds.  take a look at last years draft results.  

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/mlb/2014/25353/draftresults

Also, if you trade a draft pick slot that a keeper would then fall on, that kept player moves to the next round up.  So if you traded your 9th pick, but the 11th round player you drafted is one you want to keep, they would then be kept in the 8th round, since you no longer have a 9th rd pick.

Just checking in an a fantasy baseball thread.

Seems that there is a loophole with the whole traded players don't move up 2 rounds idea. Two people could swap 3rd round picks (assuming the players are of equivalent value) just so that they would stay 3rd round keepers instead of first. Kinda gaming the system.

At least, I think that's how I'm understanding it.

Just checking in an a fantasy baseball thread.

Seems that there is a loophole with the whole traded players don't move up 2 rounds idea. Two people could swap 3rd round picks (assuming the players are of equivalent value) just so that they would stay 3rd round keepers instead of first. Kinda gaming the system.

At least, I think that's how I'm understanding it.

trades can be vetoed, so if people feel thats whats happening they can shoot it down.  what it does is incentivise trades, and makes the league active throughout the year.  I think we had a total of 6 trades last season, this is an idea to increase that activity

Stranger, lets chat about that Zimmerman for Shoemaker swap.

zimm might be too steep for me; just trying to convey how big i am on shoemaker. i don't know who else you might be interested in (zimm isn't off-limits, but i wouldn't do straight up) so let me know and maybe we can work something out.

also, the corn dog was a bluff. not gonna throw in a corn dog. sorry if that's a dealbreaker.

• 2 weeks later...

zimm might be too steep for me; just trying to convey how big i am on shoemaker. i don't know who else you might be interested in (zimm isn't off-limits, but i wouldn't do straight up) so let me know and maybe we can work something out.

also, the corn dog was a bluff. not gonna throw in a corn dog. sorry if that's a dealbreaker.

sent you a proposal.

• 2 weeks later...

oh my god alabama, your pitching was INSANE.  9 wins is pretty damn strong!

great up against him this week

Even with a few stinkers mixed in my pitching did well last week. Need to improve my hitting somehow.

hopefully my hitting stays as strong as last week, will be my only chance.