I heard people saying it has to do with pressing issues on the 33's in the series. I haven't had any issues with any of the ones I've picked up, but it sounds like some people on the stevehoffman forums have had issues with their copies having non-fill.

I have ordered quite a few and all are stellar! The 33 and 45 versions are just to die for!!!! I can never find these local but elusivedisc had a 15% off sale on a lot of them and then a 10% off sale which they tend to run every month or so....just a heads up

I heard people saying it has to do with pressing issues on the 33's in the series.  I haven't had any issues with any of the ones I've picked up, but it sounds like some people on the stevehoffman forums have had issues with their copies having non-fill.

I'm on that forum, too, and there are far too many posters who focus solely on the audiophile aspect of record collecting and not enough on the actual music. I'm a Music Matters subscriber, and I've yet to have any problems with their releases.

I'm on that forum, too, and there are far too many posters who focus solely on the audiophile aspect of record collecting and not enough on the actual music. I'm a Music Matters subscriber, and I've yet to have any problems with their releases.

I was talking to some friends about this recently....who gives a fuck if an Asia album sounds incredible? At the end of the day you're still listening to fucking Asia

I was talking to some friends about this recently....who gives a fuck if an Asia album sounds incredible? At the end of the day you're still listening to fucking Asia

Haha, agree with the sentiment.

Good music is good music, and if it's mastered properly that's a huge bonus. I'm certainly not walking into a record shop and asking for the best audiophile releases, regardless of artist.

Genres like punk, lo-fi, etc. don't need hi-fidelity masterings. They are DIY genres that gain a lot of their charm from the fact they don't sound perfect.

I understand the desire for hi-fi in regards to jazz and classical, but these are also the same collectors that go ga-ga over bootleg-demos from The Beatles just because it's the Fab 4.

This just came in (quote from jazzhouserecords.uk):

I've looked at the site and can't find any mention of the demise of MM. Was this some sort of tweet? I wrote MM and am waiting for a response. It would be a damn shame if they discontinued putting out these reissues. I consider it a public service to preserve and further the appreciation of jazz for future generations.

Agreed.  I take most things I read over there with a grain of salt when it comes to issues like this.  Like you, I haven't had a single issue with the 12 titles I've picked up so far.

I've looked at the site and can't find any mention of the demise of MM. Was this some sort of tweet? I wrote MM and am waiting for a response. It would be a damn shame if they discontinued putting out these reissues. I consider it a public service to preserve and further the appreciation of jazz for future generations.

The quote is from their email newsletter, there was no further explanation for this. Let us know if MM responses to you.

Where did the Music Matters -topic disappear on Steve Hoffman forum? Haven't been able to find it.. Or maybe it is readable only for members now?

The quote is from their email newsletter, there was no further explanation for this. Let us know if MM responses to you.

Where did the Music Matters -topic disappear on Steve Hoffman forum? Haven't been able to find it.. Or maybe it is readable only for members now?

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/music-matters-definitive-blue-note-45-rpm-and-33-1-3-rpm-vinyl-series-pt7.361195/page-193

News just got dropped there too.  Definite bummer.

You must be logged-in to do that.

Weird. Do they have more information about this?

Nothing "official" yet but someone posted

My dealer, Jazz House Records in Leicester writes: "I've had confirmation of the rumour that's been circulating for while- there will be no Music Matters Blue Note issues after the December issues."

:(  This is extremely upsetting

I really like the Music Matters Blue Note reissues and they sound great on my set-up. Of course I don't have a $3000 receiver or a ponytail, so I don't know...

Hopefully you're not experience male pattern baldness like myself. All I can do is save up for a hi-fi system, but the ponytail, a dream left unfulfilled.

I made a new playlist for my blog (dedicated to 78 rpm records). This time the playlist is devoted to Belgian artists. You can expext gipsy jazz, swing, dixie, big band, musette,...

I guess the most famous artists in the playlist are Django Reinhardt, and Toots Thielemans.

Check it out here, if you want to.

rythme-sleeve-bewerkt-transparant-gif.gi

Had a guy come through the store I work at the other day with his Jazz collection he wanted to sell.  He had a good handful of original Blue Note's, but they were all unfortunately trashed.  My heart sank as I was flipping through them and saw the conditions.  Ended up buying a small portion of the collection that was still in decent condition though.  I was able to make it out with a handful of stereo reissues that were in VG/VG+ condition.

20150927_085618-1.jpg

Had a guy come through the store I work at the other day with his Jazz collection he wanted to sell.  He had a good handful of original Blue Note's, but they were all unfortunately trashed.  My heart sank as I was flipping through them and saw the conditions.  Ended up buying a small portion of the collection that was still in decent condition though.  I was able to make it out with a handful of stereo reissues that were in VG/VG+ condition.

20150927_085618-1.jpg

Cool titles. That is the really difficult thing about collecting old jazz and soul. Your hopes all high when you see the cover and then sadness when you look at the pavement frisbee. On the flip, you can't beat that feeling when all the stars align and you get the great cover and record.

Holy crap where did this come from????!?! so good!

So went looking to buy this and found cleanfree records based out of Portugal! Holy shite! They have close to a dozen LPs for sale and most are free jazz style that I love! Go check out their site and you can listen to most of the albums on Spotify....dl

Thanks and plan on ordering quite a few today including this!