Just grabbed some of the MoFi Miles Davis LPs including the 45 RPM 2xLP of Kind Of Blue and the In A Silent Way... Love that record.

Let us know your thoughts on KOB. Hoffman seems split, but leaning towards "too bass heavy" and "good just not as good as the Classic press" (however considering what that is going for these days I think this will be good enough for me)

OK heads up folks!

Anyone looking for the cw stoneking releases (except boogaloo)

Just found propermusic.com

Shipping was only 1gbp per order

Came to about $25 each for the previous LPs...

Figured that's a damn good deal and I don't need to wait for them to come from Australia....

Hope this helps someone out

Thanx! Unfortunately, the King Hokum LP is out of stock...

Just got my Angles 9 record from dustygroove.com and on side B there seems to be a piece of paper or wood embedded in the vinyl. Used my brush, my fingernail, and soaked it in cleaner and used my record cleaner and it is in there good. Waiting to hear from Dusty to see how they will fix this. Really bummed. I played side A and it sounded great. Maybe it was just this one record.

Just got my Angles 9 record from dustygroove.com and on side B there seems to be a piece of paper or wood embedded in the vinyl. Used my brush, my fingernail, and soaked it in cleaner and used my record cleaner and it is in there good. Waiting to hear from Dusty to see how they will fix this. Really bummed. I played side A and it sounded great. Maybe it was just this one record.

Damn that sucks! Know the feeling since my gilmour album I just ordered had the same damn thing! I ordered mine from the label so it might be a few more days.....I ordered over half of their LPs but they are all coming from overseas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

How essential would you guys say the MoFi Kind of Blue is? I don't currently own any copies of the album (I used to have the 50th box set) and am torn between getting the MoFi and saving some money and getting the Sony mono reissue from a few years back, which I've heard good things about. With this album, does it even really matter? 

1 hour ago, surfingelectrode said:

How essential would you guys say the MoFi Kind of Blue is? I don't currently own any copies of the album (I used to have the 50th box set) and am torn between getting the MoFi and saving some money and getting the Sony mono reissue from a few years back, which I've heard good things about. With this album, does it even really matter? 

I'd like to hear from someone who has heard these versions and the original Columbia six-eye. I have the original and it obviously sounds excellent. Could it sound even better?

Listening to some Charlie Parker with strings, right now. Sweetness.

Also, it looks like the mystery about whether Music Matters will continue to put out their superior reissues of Blue Note titles. It looks like they're not distributing anymore. You will need to buy direct, which is fine by me. This also sounds like good news:

Music Matters is also very happy to announce important improvements that our close partners at RTI have recently implemented, which will further improve the product we will be providing for your listening pleasure. RTI has recently sourced a vastly improved vinyl formulation, with more lubricants for more silent playing surfaces. The new vinyl will also have improved anti-static properties, further contributing to an even lower playback noise floor.

To take greatest advantage of the improved raw vinyl material, RTI has invested in a new state of the art boiler and temperature control system, which will insure that the vinyl is heated to the most exacting standards required for even flow of the formula while on the press. All in all, better vinyl, better vinyl processing equipment, better quality control. It all adds up to a superb "canvas" upon which we can "paint" with our wonderful Blue Note master tapes! You will hear the difference!