Will most likely buy both versions someday, since I am obsessed with this record. I've already mentioned that I have an original mono pressing, and even in VG it still sounds better than any other copy I've listened to. Love the TP series and have never been disappointed by them.

7 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Really excited for this. Don't need the mono because I have the music matters Mono LP in blue, so I'm good there. Excited for the alt-takes in the stereo.

I would've been satisfied with my 75th anniversary blue note but Coltrane is just mind boggling, can't wait to hear the alt takes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Starting to venture down a dangerous, expensive rabbit hole of Japanese 70s jazz. Just listening online now, since I really can't afford this stuff.

I've steered clear of this puddle. Plate's been pretty full with my fingers in every pie hole 🙃 

Personally I like Cat Hiroshi Suzuki's stuff. 👍 

• 1 month later...

Purchased a 240 LP collection from a musician who actually took care of his records in January. Spent the most money I've paid for a collection thus far. A surprisingly number of good ones were in there. I’ll probably actually hold onto 90-100 to keep or sell off which is higher when compared to the usual 30-40 LP’s one finds. These are the best. He wasn’t quite old enough to have bought the grail 1950’s mono pressings. Most of these are 70’s stereo pressings with a few exceptions. 97% of the vinyl is cleannnnnnnn.
No photo description available.

• 3 months later...

Was just curious if anyone is ordering the John Coltrane with Eric Dolphy: Evenings at the Village Gate here: 

https://jazz.centerstagestore.com/products/john-coltrane-with-eric-dolphy-evenings-at-the-village-gate-impulse-orange-vinyl-2lp

From what I'm reading, is not a very good pressing. The orange that i listed above is euro as well as a black, and the US black pressing is from Mexico? But I've heard some songs and I'm really impressed. These are two of my favorite classic jazz artists. Topps. Couldn't help myself. Anyways, would anyone comment on the quality if you've made the purchase in any of the variants? Thx

Ok so I'll answer myselflol. Yup lives up to the hype both bad and good. Can't help but think if I'd chosen to go with Black instead of orange it would've made a difference. But also the difference between a Mexican pressing over a euro.  I guess I chose the euro pressing over a Mexican rather than an orange variant over a black. Even though I don't know anything about the Mexican plants. Also I do believe the reason why some of these are warped is because of the booklet that comes along with the Record. It's a bit smaller than the disc itself. That mixed with the tightness of the of the jacket...

Anyways, anyone want to talk about the latest blue notes 💙 Can't wait for that Cecil Taylor. 

• 5 months later...

So I found a hole in the wall Thrift shop. Literally hidden in the corner of a small shopping center. There i found in the corner, about 50 jazz records up against the wall. Most were from the 50s some 60s and 70s. Couldn't buy them all.  But came out with about five Brubeck and some Michel Legrand, Cal Tjader and Kai with JJ Johnson. Was a lot more but couldn't take them all. 

Also this popped up in my email: 

Really excited about this. But it's already sold out on Amazon. Hopefully my local will be able to preorder this for me. 

Freddie Hubbard Red Clay on MOV 

221_foto2_product_groot.jpg?e0caaf9be750

I just came across Japanese trumpet player, Takuya Kuroda. Great funky jazz. They just re-released this record, and it is expensive. I feel it is worth it considering it's a double and the cost of an original is high. First record I've bought in months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekftatkjrII&list=PL4NXUZspQ7Bz4ElzAs0swSclRYJwIkd7m

https://takuyakuroda.bandcamp.com/album/rising-son

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

I just came across Japanese trumpet player, Takuya Kuroda. Great funky jazz. They just re-released this record, and it is expensive. I feel it is worth it considering it's a double and the cost of an original is high. First record I've bought in months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekftatkjrII&list=PL4NXUZspQ7Bz4ElzAs0swSclRYJwIkd7m

https://takuyakuroda.bandcamp.com/album/rising-son

Nice. Lately I've been dipping my toes into japanese jazz. There's this trombinist named hiro suzuki from the early 70s who realy got me into it. Extremely underrated at the time. Check out "Cat" from 75 I believe. I get a Herbie Hancock/Chick Corea vibe from it. Really good

This is the last track from that album

17 minutes ago, faaip de oiad said:

Nice. Lately I've been dipping my toes into japanese jazz. There's this trombinist named hiro suzuki from the early 70s who realy got me into it. Extremely underrated at the time. Check out "Cat" from 75 I believe. I get a Herbie Hancock/Chick Corea vibe from it. Really good

This is the last track from that album

Definitely listened to you the first time you recommended The Cat. Great album. I still need to buy a copy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty excited for this year's Blue note classic vinyl release titles: 

May 17, 2024
Stanley Turrentine with The Three Sounds – Blue Hour (1960)
Hank Mobley – Workout (1961)

June 21, 2024
Aaron Parks – Invisible Cinema (2008)*
Jason Moran – TEN (2010)*

July 19, 2024
Thad Jones – The Magnificent Thad Jones (1956)
Clifford Jordan – Cliff Craft (1957)

August 16, 2024
Wayne Shorter – JuJu (1964)
Lee Morgan – The Gigolo (1965)

September 20, 2024
Jutta Hipp – At The Hickory House, Vol. 1 (1956)
Gene Harris and The Three Sounds – Live at the ‘It Club’ (1970)

October 18, 2024
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – A Night In Tunisia (1960)
Donald Byrd – Royal Flush (1961)

November 15, 2024
Dexter Gordon – Gettin’ Around (1965)
Duke Pearson – Wahoo (1964)

December 13, 2024
Lonnie Smith – Drives (1970)
Grant Green – Visions (1971)

I'm pretty much gonna pickup everything except the 2000s. 

Really really excited for Juju, Jutta Hip, A Night In Tunisia, Wahoo, and Drives