Anyone heard the news about B.B. King?

Hes currently in hospice care at his home in Las Vegas.

Poor guy. I hope for the best, but hospice is never good.

From what I've read online, theres also a criminal investigation.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/06/bb-king-hospitalized-diabetes-emergency-las-vegas-hospital/

I think this and Tina Brooks "True Blue" are going to be my next two purchases.

True Blue is excellent. One of the first MMs I picked up. Plus, Hubbard!

I'll just toss this here, but the RSD Miles Davis Prestige box is fantastic. It's so well made. Sounds fantastic. Sleeves are great. Pressings are quiet.

IMO it's an underrated era for Miles. There are must gets though. Highly recommended.

I must look into this. How comprehensive is it and is this box limited or are there loads about?

I own almost all of the music matters 33's that have been released so far. They are easily some of the best sounding and best looking records I own. I couldn't recommended them more. Once I got my first it justified its price tag immediately. These are as close to original pressings as I'll probably ever own and 35 dollars is nothing when shitty soundtracks and lit records are being released for roughly the same price.

Yeah, the heavy far out Coleman, Coltrane and Davis stuff is definitely up my ally. Don't get me wrong I love their early stuff too but to me there is something just so punk rock about their far out stuff. Like it's heavier and more aggressive then most punk and metal out there.

I highly recommend Joe Mcphee's nation time though definitely not as far out as those other three it's got a lot more structure to it and less scattery. He's an incredible Sax player though.

Finally got my copy of this! Amazon had backordered but bull moose shipped last week! It sounds epic on my rig! Thank u so much for this recommendation! Picked up a few other releases by McPhee but haven't had the chance to listen yet...but damn folks....get nation time! It sounds great and the pressing is pristine!

Finally got my copy of this! Amazon had backordered but bull moose shipped last week! It sounds epic on my rig! Thank u so much for this recommendation! Picked up a few other releases by McPhee but haven't had the chance to listen yet...but damn folks....get nation time! It sounds great and the pressing is pristine!

Awesome! Glad you are digging it! My best friend showed me this at Christmas and I've listened to the mp3s a bunch since then. I haven't bought the vinyl yet but it's near the top of my list of things to buy. 

Visited home over the weekend and borrowed a handful of jazz records from my dad.  I haven't listened to much later Miles Davis, so I'm looking forward to hearing "Get Up With It".  Crazy seeing the $1.99 price stickers on some of these...

20150512_113218.jpg

That Love Call is dope.

I received Grant Green's Matador and Bud Powell's The Scene Changes from Music Matters today. I'm excited to give them a spin, as I've never listened to either album before. This is my third shipment as part of the subscription, and seventh overall Music Matters purchase. These are easily the nicest records I own, and they've all sounded fantastic.

Although I haven't seen info on a vinyl pressing (it'd have to be massive), Kamasi Washington's record on Brainfeeder is incredible.  Can't stop listening to it.

This is seriously AOTY material. I've heard they plan to release a vinyl version later this year. How many sides / records will it be? UGH it's going to be so expensive. 

• 3 weeks later...

New playlist at my blog. These are all transfers from 78 rpm records.

24zw1ee.jpg

https://bluesandjazz78s.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/playlist-all-that-jazz/

Gerry Mulligan New Sounds – Fun House (Esquire ‎– 10-341, 1951)
Stan Getz Quartet – Split Kick (Jazz Selection ‎– J.S. 774, 1951)
Hal Mitchell Four – Confidentially (Swing – SW. 431, 1953)
Red Norvo Trio – Swedish Pastry (Swing – SW. 420, 1950)
Dave Brubeck Trio – Perfidia (Vogue Productions – V. 3366, 1950)
Bud Powell – Body And Soul (Blue Star – N G 524, 1950)
Charlie Parker Septet – Ornithology (Dial Records – 1002, 1946)
Dizzy Gillespie Sextet – Blue’n Boogie (Musicraft – 486, 1945)
Miles Davis All Stars – Little Willie Leaps (Savoy Records – 977, 1947)
Jonah Jones & Alix Combelle Sextet – Love Is Just Around The Corner (Swing – SW. 446, 1954)
Lucky Thompson And His Lucky Seven – Just One More Chance (His Master’s Voice – B.9725, 1947)
Art Pepper Quartet – These Foolish Things (Swing – SW. 391, 1952)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...