Asheville, NC this weekend!

Yo! Anybody living in/near downtown Asheville, I'm going to be down from tomorrow-Sunday for the tattoo convention and was curious, what's on the must-see/do list? I'm already planning on hitting most breweries (i've got 4 growlers ready for Wicked Weed alone, haha), but don't know much about record stores, beer stores, and other cool stuff in the area (that isn't the Biltmore). Also, what's good food-wise? I've heard the Admiral is delicious, so I'll be there at some point, but there are plenty of other meals to be had ;)

Harvest Records in West Asheville.  Static Age Records on Lexington. 

If you are vegetarian/vegan Plant is amazing and so is Laughing Seed.  Mela is good Indian sit down food.  Chai Pani is good take out-y Indian food.  NeoBurrito is a great burrito shop.

Also Center of the Sun (centerofthesun.bandcamp.com) are playing at the Get Down on Saturday and it will rule.  I will be there.

Check out the Mellow Mushroom, defiantly one of the coolest around.

I Would but there are a couple of those around here (one actually just opened two weeks ago within a 5min walk from my apartment haha).

Harvest Records in West Asheville.  Static Age Records on Lexington. 

If you are vegetarian/vegan Plant is amazing and so is Laughing Seed.  Mela is good Indian sit down food.  Chai Pani is good take out-y Indian food.  NeoBurrito is a great burrito shop.

Also Center of the Sun (centerofthesun.bandcamp.com) are playing at the Get Down on Saturday and it will rule.  I will be there.

Thanks for the Indian recommendations dude, I'm all about some good Indian food. And I'll see about saturday man, thanks for the head's up

• 3 years later...

Bumping a crazy old thread. Heading to Asheville area for Thanksgiving and am thinking about heading into the city for Black Friday RSD. Any suggestions on which record stores to check out and which will get the best stock? I'm mostly looking for the Gary Clark Jr. release, so if you have a recommendation for a store that's most likely to get that in, that'd be cool. Thanks in advance!

21 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I know it's not very micro, but definitely go to Sierra Nevada in Fort Mills just outside Asheville. I can't even get into how cool that place is.

21 hours ago, stillused said:

I live in Asheville! Harvest records in west Asheville is definitely your best bet for releases.  The Walk right beside harvest has some great food. Sierra Nevada is pretty crazy.  I've never seen anything like it.  

Thanks for the suggestions! I've heard from so many people that it's awesome. Definitely going to try to get there on Friday!