Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/announcing...-jnr-vip-membership.html

So for $50 a year you get a t-shirt, a cassette, a flexi, and an LP.

Then exclusive dibs on anything rare or cool that comes out.

And they are sending out another cassette if you are a current member (per today's e-mail).

So far the cool stuff (to purchase) has been a misprinted Rob Crow flexi, and a Child Bite tour LP.

You also get discounted prices for the first 24-48 hours of a release pre-order.

I've been pretty pleased.

I missed the Child Bite LP that was limited (knew I shouldn't have driven home from work before trying to order...) and I have the two EPs so I passed on the LP that combines them... and I assume I can't just get the tape for free (or I wouldn't want to drop 3 bucks for it shipped I think.)

I have a Medium and a Large Child Bite shirt with this on it:
203576_318098444978422_19225944_n.jpg

Anybody want one?
These came with the Vision Crimes EPs.
They didn't have XLs and squeezing my 6'4" 250 pound frame into one of these bad boys would be laughable at best.

I even told them to only send them to me if there was enough to go around because I can't fit into them, but figured I could give them away.

Just pay for shipping... if you feel like kicking something extra my way that's your call... a trade would be nifty, but I just want these to be worn by someone.

I ordered Kishi Bashi - 151a LP on white the other day, labeled as in-stock, but my order status hasn't changed from received. It's only been 3 business days but in my experience record labels, and any record carriers in general, have worked faster with orders than this. I plan on contacting them if nothing changes with it tomorrow but I was curious to see if anybody has had a similar experience with them. From reading the previous posts in this thread it seems that they are generally top notch. Any input? I've a feeling that the record is actually back ordered and wasn't updated on the site but that's just an uneducated hunch.

sapst16,

You should have nothing to worry about. JNR usually posts a countdown for the last 10 copies leading up to an item selling out. With that being said, 10+ should still be available and, therefore, your order should be shipped soon enough :)

If worried, e-mail them! They're good people.

PS I snagged this a few months ago. Great choice!!

I ordered Kishi Bashi - 151a LP on white the other day, labeled as in-stock, but my order status hasn't changed from received. It's only been 3 business days but in my experience record labels, and any record carriers in general, have worked faster with orders than this. I plan on contacting them if nothing changes with it tomorrow but I was curious to see if anybody has had a similar experience with them. From reading the previous posts in this thread it seems that they are generally top notch. Any input? I've a feeling that the record is actually back ordered and wasn't updated on the site but that's just an uneducated hunch.

Are you fucking kidding me? 3 business days.....and you're about contact them? Give me a goddamn break already. 

WTF!

Yeah, 3 business days of an order not changing from just being received. Haven't experienced that yet. I'd figured it would have moved into some form of processing within 3 days of being received. My bad for expecting prompt service from a label but I don't necessarily think that's unreasonable. 

sapst16,

You should have nothing to worry about. JNR usually posts a countdown for the last 10 copies leading up to an item selling out. With that being said, 10+ should still be available and, therefore, your order should be shipped soon enough :)

If worried, e-mail them! They're good people.

PS I snagged this a few months ago. Great choice!!

Thanks for the info, bud! I just found out about Kishi Bashi this past fall before having a chance to see him at ACL Festival. I've been really digging it since. 

Dudes, the Child Bite LP is limited to 79 not 57 (no idea where JNR got that number). The band has most of them in Europe. Joyful Noise only had a small handfu (15 or so)l. There are still 10 or 11 copies available for just $12 ppd in the USA. Obviously a bit more for Canada/etc. Go to http://forgeagainrecords.bandcamp.com to order one now. I am on the road with Child Bite in Europe now but mailorders will be handled while I am gone. Might be a little slower but they will be sent while I am gone.

Dudes, the Child Bite LP is limited to 79 not 57 (no idea where JNR got that number). The band has most of them in Europe. Joyful Noise only had a small handfu (15 or so)l. There are still 10 or 11 copies available for just $12 ppd in the USA. Obviously a bit more for Canada/etc. Go to http://forgeagainrecords.bandcamp.com to order one now. I am on the road with Child Bite in Europe now but mailorders will be handled while I am gone. Might be a little slower but they will be sent while I am gone.

Whoa!!

Good lookin' out!!

Thanks for this!