Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

1 minute ago, ksuwdboots said:

Dang that's pretty. Does it include a download code? If so, does the download include the two songs from the 7"?

It doesn't include the download code.  Apparantly the codes were emailed out on Friday, but I didn't get a code and just looking online, it looks like a lot of others didn't either.  On the VIP facebook page an employee said to send them an email if you didn't get a code.  [email protected]

3 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

Dang that's pretty. Does it include a download code? If so, does the download include the two songs from the 7"?

It doesn't include the download code.  Apparantly the codes were emailed out on Friday, but I didn't get a code and just looking online, it looks like a lot of others didn't either.  On the VIP facebook page an employee said to send them an email if you didn't get a code.  [email protected]

1 minute ago, bobbyhotep said:

Hmmm, wonder if that would still work for me since I bought a copy from the secondary market (Discogs).

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, julioanta said:

Can someone with the VIP membership tell me if the David Bazan "Almost Live" 7" is still available? I don't want to sign up and it not be there anymore :( 

Thanks!

I'm also out of the loop on how the VIP thing works, so I'm going to just ask dumb questions - is the lathe version sold out sold out, or is it one of those things where members can still buy it?

It does look like if you sign up for the VIP + Singles Club, you get that month's single, so if you just want a copy in general, you could go that route in the next 2 days.

I've only been a member for a month but I got no notice that the Bazan lathe went live.  Is that something that hardcore subscribers know is updated on a particular day?  Was there an email announcement?  Are the 100 lathe versions sent at random to subscribers?

I believe, though, that any members will get a non-lathe/non-limited 7" version as part of their subscription perks for October.

1 hour ago, rds said:

You'll get the regular vinyl version.  They had a hand numbered /100 large cut version that was apparently for sale (although I am a VIP and never heard about it).

I have not been a member for all that long, but the VIP facebook group seems to be the way to go if you want to to get first dibs on everything. There usually is a post on there as soon as something goes up.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, slipcraig said:

Is VIP worth it? Could you summarize in a sentence or two why, if so? I'm tempted, but want to be sure I'm signing up for something that has tangible benefits.

You get at least one limited edition 7" per month, free shipping on all orders, and first-access to super limited edition variants of Joyful Noise releases.  At the end of every year, you can sign up for the next year's early bird VIP subscription and get even better perks, like more 7"s and a shirt etc.  This year, for 2017's early bird subscription, they introduced a new 12" mystery series that you could order alongside the regular early bird VIP sub.  They also have pretty good customer service and seem down to earth and cool.  On top of all those benefits, you also get the satisfaction of supporting an independent label that puts a lot of thought and effort into releasing good music and delivering an interesting product.  This has been 6 sentences.

24 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

You get at least one limited edition 7" per month, free shipping on all orders, and first-access to super limited edition variants of Joyful Noise releases.  At the end of every year, you can sign up for the next year's early bird VIP subscription and get even better perks, like more 7"s and a shirt etc.  This year, for 2017's early bird subscription, they introduced a new 12" mystery series that you could order alongside the regular early bird VIP sub.  They also have pretty good customer service and seem down to earth and cool.  On top of all those benefits, you also get the satisfaction of supporting an independent label that puts a lot of thought and effort into releasing good music and delivering an interesting product.  This has been 6 sentences.

Even counted the number of sentences! A Surface Noise podcast champion after mine own heart. Swoon.

I was actually on the fence for a while.  The graphic that outlines the perks of the sub is a bit confusing.  But when they released the Why VIP 7" and the Pfarmers LP in the same month, I figured why not and I signed up.  I've been so happy with the two months so far that I signed up for the 2017 early bird subscription and the mystery 12" sub.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jackie Crackrock said:

they're really good at coming up with new ways to sucker people out of their money in exchange for mediocre music.

The VIP subscription is a great idea, but most of their releases just aren't good.  I know it is all subjective, but I don't like probably 90% of their releases.