Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

I got an e-mail from Shawn regarding my Natural Dreamers 7 inch giving me tracking information that said it was delivered. That never did arrive and I called USPS to see if it was up at my office; no cigar. Same goes for the Kishi Bashi; it somehow got "delivered" but didn't get on my doorstep. I don't think it could be the employee of USPS doing this either. Vault packages, Mondo packages, and all sorts of well known expensive labels arrive.

Obviously the situation sucks but that's not the labels doing. They filled their end of the deal. USPS can be pretty fucking terrible.

Yeah, not sure how if they sent you a delivery confirmation and sent it to the correct address they could possibly be at fault. You're basically asking them to shoulder the entire burden of the missing package despite the fact that they took all necessary precautions. Maybe ask for another copy at their actual cost (rather than retail) instead of demanding they re-send it to you for free? 

It's a weird one, but then again most art objects tend to be (most David Yows probably are as well, I'd assume). At least he's not going the Duchamp route and selling a urinal with it, although that almost seems just as fitting in a certain sense. I still want to hear this. Yow's song from the Cause & Effect set is pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if I could sit through an albums worth of it. That song is streamable here https://soundcloud.com/user3105090/sets/david-yow-child-bite-cause if you've not heard it.

Yow's song from the Cause & Effect set is pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if I could sit through an albums worth of it. That song is streamable here https://soundcloud.com/user3105090/sets/david-yow-child-bite-cause if you've not heard it.

That is my hesitation as well. It's an interesting song, but if this is considered the "single," then I have reservations about the rest of the record. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you checked junk and spam?

Yeah, nothing. I'm not too worried about missing the past ones at all but I will be bummed if I miss the Built to Spill test.

Fuck, I'm on my phone and quickly ordered. Would have got black if I noticed the price. I already have the CD but I guess this will be cool.

Very excited for new Sebadoh though.

The songs have been out for nearly a year.

They did mention it was a preview of a NEW album being made....so that's new, I guess.

Always preferred J to Lou....but that's totally awesome for JNR. Solo projects and live albums are one thing....an actual new Sebadoh record? I wonder if he had to donate a kidney or bone marrow or something:)

• 2 weeks later...