Your Current Vinyl Kick

Do you ever look through your collection or go to a shop or record show and see records or an artist that you forgot you had or hadn't listened to in ages prompting you to go home, dig them up,  and play the hell out of them?

My current kick is Judas Priest.  I'm listening to Point of Entry but realized I have much more of their discog than I thought so it's going to be a rockin' good time from here.

90's hardcore. I recently found some older stuff at work, and have been buying stuff up like crazy. Deadguy - Fixation... hasn't left my table for a few days now.

Awesome.  Great record. Is yours on black wax too?  Not sure if they did any other variants without looking at Discogs but I have a feeling they probably did.

Awesome.  Great record. Is yours on black wax too?  Not sure if they did any other variants without looking at Discogs but I have a feeling they probably did.

Yeah I have the black /300 alternate cover version. Picked it up for $5, and it was #96/300 was pretty stoked about that!

It's not so much that I forget I own stuff, it's more that it has been a while since I have played it...in other words, I buy too much stuff haha.

In my defense, 80-90% of my collection is still boxed up from the move since I don't know if I will be staying in this pad after the lease is up. Yeah, that's it...

shift-eye-dog.gif

I have only forgotten I have a record when I'm drunk, ergo I try to avoid drunk purchases. Usually I'm more reminded of compilations I have by other records. When the last Post Teens 7" came out I thought to give the Ain't No Shame comp a spin, and it led into a lot of the other comps I own.

I've been expanding my old school hip hop side of my collection lately.

I've been wanting to do this since i don't really listen to to much hip hop. My brother has always been the one into hip hop and i rock and roll, but i've always appreciated the roots, outkast, wu tang clan, and others because of him. I'm also in search of some old soul records to just to round out my collection. 

It's not so much that I forget I own stuff, it's more that it has been a while since I have played it...in other words, I buy too much stuff haha.

In my defense, 80-90% of my collection is still boxed up from the move since I don't know if I will be staying in this pad after the lease is up. Yeah, that's it...

shift-eye-dog.gif

this was cute.

Different circumstances for my vinyl kick but as I've just recently gotten into a few bands on the Elektrohasch label, I've been playing the hell out of those artists' release which I've been acquiring for the past 4 or 5 months and those are The Machine's Drie and Calmer Than You Are; and Sugrazer's S/T and Mirador and to a lesser extent Colour Haze's Tempel. I've also been rocking the CD's I've made from digital recordings of the Sungrazer LP's playback in my car on and off for a few months now.