Official OST and Film Score Thread

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Hans-Zimmer-And-James-Newton-Howard-The-Dark-Knight-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/177672548

The Dark Knight up on Discogs for half of what it usually goes for if anyone is interested.

I look at this and have to wonder if someone has an inside scoop on a repress though. One can hope.

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Hans-Zimmer-And-James-Newton-Howard-The-Dark-Knight-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/177672548

The Dark Knight up on Discogs for half of what it usually goes for if anyone is interested.

I look at this and have to wonder if someone has an inside scoop on a repress though. One can hope.

$200 isn't really more (edited - I mistakenly typed less initially) than it usually goes for. Two copies have sold this year on discogs - for $80 and $180 - both were NM (sleeve and vinyl), whereas this current copy is only VG+. The most any copy has sold for on discogs is c.$233. Most of the recent copies on eBay have also gone for well under $200.

However, I'd certainly welcome a repress...!

$200 isn't really less than it usually goes for. Two copies have sold this year on discogs - for $80 and $180 - both were NM (sleeve and vinyl), whereas this current copy is only VG+. The most any copy has sold for on discogs is c.$233. Most of the recent copies on eBay have also gone for well under $200.

However, I'd certainly welcome a repress...!

Damn. Scored a new copy from Amoeba Hollywood for $65 about a year ago.

What is ordering from New On Vinyl like? Is that the only place these colored ones will be available? Do they charge you at purchase time or when it ships?

Sorry for so many questions.

I only used the New on Vinyl link as it's the only place I could find it. It's not even showing on Music on Vinyl's site yet. OK, no and when you purchase.

I only used the New on Vinyl link as it's the only place I could find it. It's not even showing on Music on Vinyl's site yet.

NOV always seem to announce forthcoming MOV releases (at least recently) before MOV themselves do.

What is ordering from New On Vinyl like? Is that the only place these colored ones will be available? Do they charge you at purchase time or when it ships?

Sorry for so many questions.

New on Vinyl is dutch based, as is Music On Vinyl. I haven't ordered from NOV. The recent/forthcoming MOV releases; X-Men, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Game Of Thrones S4 and Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes were all for sale on NOV initially. They're now all available on Amazon and various other online retailers.

Although other online retailers (e.g. Banquet in the UK) specify the version they have for sale is the coloured versions, there is a slight gamble with some of the Amazon MOV releases. Amazon don't seem to provide much detail on their MOV listings, and for some releases they only seem to get the black version in stock (e.g. the 'Ennio Morricone - Il Vizietto' listing on Amazon is for the black version as opposed to the limited clear edition).

However, I contacted MOV with regards to HTTYD2 & X-Men & they confirmed that the only copies pressed so far were the limited colour versions...ergo, the versions that Amazon are currently selling must be coloured too. I'll contact them shortly to check the same for the newer MOV releases.

Not sure if it was mentioned here yet, but apparently the Blue Valentine OST is getting a vinyl release in November:

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Valentine-Various-Artists/dp/B00M31VII2/ref=tmm_vnl_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=

There's a thread for that soundtrack here:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86848-official-ost-and-film-score-thread/page-43