Official OST and Film Score Thread

Did you end up getting a copy of TDKR 2LP? It looks like it is sold out now unfortunately. 

Its showing as available for me. I haven't attempted to complete a purchase, but I'm able to add it to my 'bag' & progress to the checkout & payment screen.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/The+Dark+Knight+Rises+Soundtrack+Vinyl+LP+Hot+Topic+Exclusive-10275503.jsp

Its showing as available for me. I haven't attempted to complete a purchase, but I'm able to add it to my 'bag' & progress to the checkout & payment screen.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/The+Dark+Knight+Rises+Soundtrack+Vinyl+LP+Hot+Topic+Exclusive-10275503.jsp

Hmm, it looks like the direct link works but when I search for Batman Begins and TDKR they don't show in Hot Topic's system.

Potentially cool news:

I sent a message to Jeremy Soule, who composed the music for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, about the possibility of licensing the rights to Oblivion's score or working together to run a Kickstarter and fund a pressing (when a composer does work for a company like Bethesda, the composer retains the rights to the music). Going by his facebook page, he seems to be pretty down-to-earth and interactive with his fans, and he's a big proponent of adequate compensation for musicians and composers (hates Spotify), so I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll respond positively. 

I've got some really cool ideas: I'd love to own this score as a double-LP set (the score is only 58 minutes IIRC, so that could probably work at 45rpm), and I've come up with a couple of different colorways for Kickstarter participants just going by what's offered by Pirate's Press. Anyway, maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I'll update this post with more information if/when I get it.

What do you guys think, would you want this score on vinyl? It's far-and-away my favorite of the three, probably just because of the countless hours I sunk into that game. The music really takes me back. 

My store always gets MOV releases one week before the actual release date.

And the sound quality is perfect.

Cool man.

I pre-ordered on Amazon UK and on the release date it says "Temporarily out of stock." So then I pre-ordered on the U.S. site, and today it says the same thing. Finally found it in stock at Acoustic Sound. Whew !

Couldn't see that this has been mentioned anywhere, but I saw this on Facebook earlier:

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/the-lego-movie#.VJk-0l4CHU

As a huge lego fan, I'm beyond excited for this!

Oh shit! Is this available yet or what?? I don't see a release date or anything there.

Potentially cool news:

I sent a message to Jeremy Soule, who composed the music for Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, about the possibility of licensing the rights to Oblivion's score or working together to run a Kickstarter and fund a pressing (when a composer does work for a company like Bethesda, the composer retains the rights to the music). Going by his facebook page, he seems to be pretty down-to-earth and interactive with his fans, and he's a big proponent of adequate compensation for musicians and composers (hates Spotify), so I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll respond positively.

I've got some really cool ideas: I'd love to own this score as a double-LP set (the score is only 58 minutes IIRC, so that could probably work at 45rpm), and I've come up with a couple of different colorways for Kickstarter participants just going by what's offered by Pirate's Press. Anyway, maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I'll update this post with more information if/when I get it.

What do you guys think, would you want this score on vinyl? It's far-and-away my favorite of the three, probably just because of the countless hours I sunk into that game. The music really takes me back.

Please do Morrowind instead. PLEASE.

Potentially cool news:

I've never played Morrowind, but have Oblivion and Skyrim. But I'd totally buy these, Skyrim's soundtrack itself is insane in my opinion!

Potentially cool news:

The Oblivion soundtrack is probably my most favorite anything ever. I mute other games, and play this instead. 

Can anyone from the UK or otherwise help me secure a colored copy of the Lego Movie? I neeeeeeeeedddd.

It's up at New On Vinyl. Other places will follow. They are always first with MoV releases, often before MoV announce it themselves.

http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/soundtrack-ost-the-lego-movie-ltd.html

Just picked up a E.T.: The Extra-Terrisal 1xLP today for $3. The record and jacket aren't in the greatest of condition but I already spun it and it plays fine. As one of my favorite movies I was happy to find it. I think I also have an E.T. picture disc some place, haha. I wonder how "rare" that is. Anyone know?