Official OST and Film Score Thread

this is great news. i adore this movie and soundtrack.

What I'd really like to see - and I've been wanting this since I saw it - would be the Arcade Fire/Owen Pallett soundtrack to Spike Jonze's Her.

The film's been out for over a year now and still no news on a pressing!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this record is even available digitally yet (aside from unofficial YouTube rips). I wonder what's preventing this from being released?

From Win Butler:

We're just slow as a band. The music will get out there, it's just, like, a question of if we want to sell it to people or give to people or record other songs or whatever. There are many pieces on the soundtrack that are kind of based on actual songs that we've never really recorded. Yeah, there's a song called Milk and Honey and a song called Dimensions that are, like, lost great Arcade Fire songs. They are actually just things that, like, fit the world of the movie and then we kind of wrote them to the film.

Im going to sound horrible for this...but Im shocked there isn't a vinyl pressing of the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack.   Its actually not bad and as of today it has the biggest soundtrack debut since 2009. It is now No. 2 on Billboard top 200.

Its under Republic Records and they are the ones that made pressings of the Twilight and Hunger Games soundtracks on vinyl.   Wonder why this one didn't get the same treatment?

Already out man.. on yellow/orangeish vinyl, saw it at Amoeba last week.. had like 5 copies on hand..

I think that is a boot. My understanding from a friend who does the ordering for a place in the USA, is that it is an official reissue from Interscope coming in March. It's only up for preorder on a couple of European sites right now. I'm fairly certain that if the official release was already out, we'd have heard a lot more about it by now. Of course, I've been wrong before.

EDIT: There's another one up on eBay and both LPs are translucent yellow. It's the bootinist.

Im going to sound horrible for this...but Im shocked there isn't a vinyl pressing of the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack.   Its actually not bad and as of today it has the biggest soundtrack debut since 2009. It is now No. 2 on Billboard top 200.

Its under Republic Records and they are the ones that made pressings of the Twilight and Hunger Games soundtracks on vinyl.   Wonder why this one didn't get the same treatment?

Imagine the variant possibilities...shades upon shades...splatter...