Official OST and Film Score Thread

How'd you clean yours? Ive been using the brush to no avail

Isn't this like the 5th thread you've said a new record had surface noise in, where everyone else's is fine? I think you need a new turntable.

Could be the deck or maybe just use something a bit more proactive that a brush. Brushes are okay for play-to-play dust, but you need a cleaning system/machine for truly dirty records. And sometimes new records, especially colored pressing, come very dirty.

Brushes are okay for play-to-play dust, but you need a cleaning system/machine for truly dirty records. And sometimes new records, especially colored pressing, come very dirty.

What he said.

Brushes are for a quick wipe between sides or when first dropping the needle. All new records need a cleaning, believe it or not.

Could be the deck or maybe just use something a bit more proactive that a brush. Brushes are okay for play-to-play dust, but you need a cleaning system/machine for truly dirty records. And sometimes new records, especially colored pressing, come very dirty.

A possibility, I think I'm going to have get something besides a brush because Milan insisted that the replacement I got is supposed to sound fine, so I'm going to try that and see how it goes on.  Hopefully this is the problem and not with my needle.

Isn't this like the 5th thread you've said a new record had surface noise in, where everyone else's is fine? I think you need a new turntable.

I know it sounds weird that I'm saying that but the replacements and my other records sound perfect

What would you recommend for cleaning? I see a lot of people have their DIY products but what's a decently priced and easy solution to get?

You need to wet clean your records. A lot of times the surface noise is dust and crap from the weird variants they do these days, or the anti-fungal crap they spray on finished records. Some you don't notice, and some are bad. It's kinda shitty to return them to the label because you are too cheap to clean them. A brush just removes surface dust, not the crap deep in the groove. There are tons of cleaning topics in the hardware forum, I suggest you give them a look over.

Just grab a Spin Clean for $80 (there's a barely used one on eBay for $50 shipped right now actually) and be done with it.

By the time you're done buying and experimenting with cleaning solutions, towels, brushes and what-not you may as well have just bought the Spin Clean.

It's not the best thing ever, but it is leaps and bounds above using a dry brush.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this should go here, but they just put up a PO for the Hamilton Broadway soundtrack:

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Original-Broadway-Cast-Recording/dp/B01CTFZI32/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458242610&sr=8-1&keywords=hamilton

Out tomorrow. Mine should be here in the morning. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Ruth is part of the cast of Twin Peaks! 

http://pitchfork.com/news/65047-twin-peaks-revival-to-star-trent-reznor-sky-ferreira-eddie-vedder-sharon-van-etten-more/ 

I kinda wouldn't mind Johnny Jewel helping out with the new score or a song if needed. Also Dear Tommy When?

I got my Dark Star OST today and I gotta say I haven't been more disappointed with a soundtrack. It's 90% dialogue and almost no Carpenter music, the main reason I bought it. I'm sure it was described that way in the product description but did not expect something with Carpenters name on it to have almost no music :(

I got my Dark Star OST today and I gotta say I haven't been more disappointed with a soundtrack. It's 90% dialogue and almost no Carpenter music, the main reason I bought it. I'm sure it was described that way in the product description but did not expect something with Carpenters name on it to have almost no music :(

Sorry to hear this. I always try to check discogs and YouTube when possible.

Don't think these have been posted yet, here are some pics of the From Dusk Till Dawn OST that was supposed to come out for RSD but was delayed till May. Up for PO here: http://brookvalerecords.com/product/from-dusk-till-dawn-music-from-the-motion-picture-ost-rsd-2016-indie-exclusive/

Screen-Shot-2016-04-19-at-5.39.01-PM.png

DSC03277-copy-1.jpg

D side etching (not sure how good it'll show up on clear with splatter)

Etching-black-test.jpg