Official OST and Film Score Thread

15 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Got my black/silver starburst The VVitch soundtrack from Bullmoose today!  It's seriously one of the coolest looking records I own now I think.

I just got my signed copy from Artist Arena.

You were not exaggerating - hands-down one of the coolest-looking records I own. They nailed the silver. Mine has a few wisps of purple in there, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Po: Captain Fantastic OST by Alex Somers (jonsi & alex) , limited /350 invada variant.with signed print. I listened to the soundtrack clip on their site, and it's amazing. Sounds exactly like the jonsi & Alex album, and Sigur ros. 

http://www.invada.co.uk/collections/all-products/products/captain-fantastic-score-by-alex-somers-exclusive-2xlp-with-art-print-pre-sale

Edited by untiliwakeup

21 minutes ago, untiliwakeup said:

Po: Captain Fantastic OST by Alex Somers (jonsi & alex) , limited /350 invada variant.with signed print. I listened to the soundtrack clip on their site, and it's amazing. Sounds exactly like the jonsi & Alex album, and Sigur ros. 

http://www.invada.co.uk/collections/all-products/products/captain-fantastic-score-by-alex-somers-exclusive-2xlp-with-art-print-pre-sale

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/121189-po-captain-fantastic-score-by-alex-somers/?do=findComment&comment=2602121

On 5/19/2016 at 8:26 PM, hallowken78 said:

Good luck man - be sure to post what you wind up with!

So I was not fortunate enough to land one of the Red Omen 7" (mine's on Black), but I did get a ton of other cool stuff. 
- A Gremlins T-Shirt (Super awesome!)
- Deathgasm (Also super awesome, but I already have that. Hopefully I can move that on ebay)
- A Jason mask metal pin
- The Omen 7"
- 3 Mini Funkos in a cool Tin
- A Comic and an issue of Rue Morgue.

Pretty happy with all that.

Horror%20Block_zpsi5yrj6yj.jpg
Jason%20Pin_zpsu4plescu.jpg

Edited by kylet

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, redroom said:

Watched The Neon Demon today. 

Elle Fanning is amazing. She has a bright future ahead of her. 

The movie itself...  It's NWR... Can't find the right words to say what I think about it. Definitely going to watch it again...  and again. 

But once again the music is so important in this movie.

Cliff Martinez created a superb score. More synths and more electro.

Reminded me of ROB's score to Maniac at some point. 

And it's on Milan. So you can expect a quality release. 

Can't wait to see the movie and hear the score. Love that you said it reminded you of Maniac, one of my faves. I ordered the US and French listings of Neon Demon on Amazon, really hoping they're different. Cover art looks it.

On 6/20/2016 at 2:45 PM, redroom said:

Watched The Neon Demon today. 

Elle Fanning is amazing. She has a bright future ahead of her. 

The movie itself...  It's NWR... Can't find the right words to say what I think about it. Definitely going to watch it again...  and again. 

But once again the music is so important in this movie.

Cliff Martinez created a superb score. More synths and more electro.

Reminded me of ROB's score to Maniac at some point. 

And it's on Milan. So you can expect a quality release. 

I cannot wait for these films. To these peepers, Wending Refn has yet to make a bad film. And it's been years since Martinez made a score I didn't love.

Edited by docbronze

1 minute ago, redroom said:

For me this is definitely the best score Martinez made for a refn movie. It's really a part of the story/movie this time.

Also contacted my record shop yesterday. There are indeed 2 different versions. EU version ($39)coming out on Friday. US version ($53) on July 1st. (Buying Milan records in the EU is just so damn expensive). 

Yeah, that stinks. Kind of like buying MOV or the like here in the States. Who's releasing the EU version?

Awesome. Just ordered the /1000 pink French version.  I'm gonna try to make it to Amoeba for the signing, I'm going to take my pink Drive soundtrack to see if I can get that signed too.

The French version looks good:

https://www.discogs.com/Cliff-Martinez-The-Neon-Demon-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/8691521

8 minutes ago, NoStairwayDenied said:

Awesome. Just ordered the /1000 pink French version.  I'm gonna try to make it to Amoeba for the signing, I'm going to take my pink Drive soundtrack to see if I can get that signed too.

https://www.discogs.com/Cliff-Martinez-The-Neon-Demon-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/8691521

Big fan of that. Where did you grab it from? Amazon France has it but it's 30 euros.

42 minutes ago, NoStairwayDenied said:

Whoa. Glad I ordered that off Amazon.fr

That looks a lot nicer than the other release.

1 hour ago, NoStairwayDenied said:

Damn! Thanks for sharing! Hope you make it down there and I was thinking the same thing....Drive with Drive for a sig! Working too much overtime this week and next so its definitely a no go but hopefully someone else benefits. The soundtrack is excellent and hoping to see the movie soon.

3 hours ago, WalnutSoap said:

Big fan of that. Where did you grab it from? Amazon France has it but it's 30 euros.

Yeah Amazon France.  It came to like 39.99 USD after shipping which I didn't think was too big of a difference than the US price. I went for it.

1 hour ago, bigdz68 said:

Damn! Thanks for sharing! Hope you make it down there and I was thinking the same thing....Drive with Drive for a sig! Working too much overtime this week and next so its definitely a no go but hopefully someone else benefits. The soundtrack is excellent and hoping to see the movie soon.

Sucks you can't make it dude, my work is actually the opposite right now... slow as hell.  Wouldn't mind that overtime money though.

Edited by NoStairwayDenied