Official OST and Film Score Thread

2 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

EZ-Pass on a soundtrack made in 4 weeks. Pulled me out of that film at times and was overall forgettable.

6 hours ago, Vector53 said:

EZ-Pass on a soundtrack made in 4 weeks. Pulled me out of that film at times and was overall forgettable.

4 hours ago, docbronze said:

Strong agree on the forgettable front. I didn't know the backstory and while it didn't ruin the film for me, it was not at all up to snuff. 

To each their own, its obviously no John Williams but I think it sounds fine. Also I'm a bit of a SW junkie.

1 hour ago, clerk3745 said:

To each their own, its obviously no John Williams but I think it sounds fine. Also I'm a bit of a SW junkie.

Agreed. It wasn't John Williams for sure, but I also didn't want it to be. I like the idea of making these side movies quite different and that includes using people not named John Williams to score the movies. The Rogue One score didn't take me out of the movie in the slightest. It was different with subtle hints of Williams thrown in. Is it as good as the Williams scores? No not really, but John Williams is on another level anyway. 

I personally hope for the Han Solo movie in 2018 they go with Ramin Djawadi to score the movie (not that it would happen).

Told ya it was incoming @clerk3745, but seriously, thanks for the heads up! Wonder if they'll do anything unique for it.

I really think it fits the movie and is on a par with every other non-Williams Star Wars soundtrack I've heard. This might be my favorite piece:

Edited by No This Is Patrick

31 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Told ya it was incoming @clerk3745, but seriously, thanks for the heads up! Wonder if they'll do anything unique for it.

I really think it fits the movie and is on a par with every other non-Williams Star Wars soundtrack I've heard. 

2 hours ago, Armyofdarknessaw said:

I personally hope for the Han Solo movie in 2018 they go with Ramin Djawadi to score the movie (not that it would happen).

Personally, I'd be happy without any special extras with it but if they do I'm sure it'll be cool. I think the holograms on TFA were a bit much.

But I appreciate that its not John Williams but obviously nodding to him, and I hope the stand alone films continue to do this.  

• 2 weeks later...

7701613.JPG?636193115261977920

Original live re-score composed and performed by Morricone Youth inspired by George Miller's Classic 1979 Australian Dystopian Action Film. Brian Kantor also drums with Nina Persson of The Cardigans, Nathan Larson of Shudder to Think, Higgins, Fruit Bats, Yellowbirds and Sam Cohen. The synths and keyboards used were all analog, mostly owned by Joe McGinty (of Psychedelic Furs/Loser's Lounge) and maintained in Carousel Vintage Recording Studio where we tracked with engineer Steve Silverstein (regular TapeOp contributor and member of Christmas Decorations). The album was mixed by World Inferno Friendship Society founder/keyboardist Scott Hollingsworth (who has also engineers and mixes for Sean Lennon, Ghost of the Saber Tooth Tiger and Yuka Honda, amongst others).

Gold: http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24539490/morricone-youth-mad-max-ost-gold-vinyl

Green: http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24540010/morricone-youth-mad-max-ost-green-vinyl

Morricone Youth is a cool band. All of their music is worth a listen if you are interested in their namesake or other Italian soundtrack maestros of the late 60s through early 80s. They did a nice rescore of Night of the Living Dead last year and had (have?) a pretty killer weekly radio show on WFMU as well.

LNRS009-Troll2-cover_large.jpg?v=1484230

LNRS009-Troll2-CD-Cover-FINAL_large.jpg?

Troll2_Cassette1_large.jpg?v=1484231447

https://www.lunarisrecords.com/

Vinyl, CD & Cassette.

Stumbled upon it on the bullmoose site but after further research Lunaris has an Exclusive variant so I went with that for about $2 more.

- Diecut jacket

- Reversible inner sleeve.

- Insert with additional artwork and interview with composer Carlo Maria Cordio

- Mastered for vinyl by James Plotkin

- Artwork by Devon Whitehead

- Available in two vinyl colors: Transparent Neon Green vinyl (retail version) or Woodland Camo (Lunaris mailorder version)

I'm really excited to own this and it's already my favorite release of 2017 so far. I'm wondering if it's available to ship now because the CD & cassette says available 1/27 but bullmoose says 2/17. I received an email saying my order is being prepared but that could just be an automated message. 

EDIT* Apparently I slack and this was posted 4 days ago on modern-vinyl and there was a $42 handmade nebula variant that is sold out. https://www.lunarisrecords.com/collections/vinyl/products/troll-2-ost-nebula-edition-lp looks fucking sick, anyone get their hands on this version?

Edited by pizza face

4 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I'm really excited to own this and it's already my favorite release of 2017 so far. I'm wondering if it's available to ship now because the CD & cassette says available 1/27 but bullmoose says 2/17. I received an email saying my order is being prepared but that could just be an automated message. 

I picked up a test press and nebula Stonehenge variant right when they went on sale. Sold out really fast. I think those are shipping to arrive on/near 1/27. BM may just be getting their copies later.

IMG_9709.JPG?v=1484247295

Nice dude definitely upload some photos when it arrives. I wish I knew because I would've went for the nebula edition esp. since it's packaged with the CD and signed card from the composer.  I'm just glad it's finally releasing!

I sent Lunaris an email asking about pressing numbers for the Woodland camo variant.  I'll post an answer if they get back to me

Edited by pizza face

On 11/17/2016 at 0:19 PM, kisol said:

The Kids Soundtrack is being reissued on vinyl in early 2017! The album will be pressed on colored vinyl, with no specifications yet on what colors. The album is up for pre order now on SRC!  Available from Bullmoose as well!

Psyched for this!  According to Bull Moose, it's pressed on clear red, blue, green and yellow all of which are stuffed randomly.  Hope I get the yellow because Chloë Sevigny.. :wub: 

The release date is 02/10 also.

In response to me asking about the woodland Camo pressing numbers for troll 2

"Hello.

Sorry, we don't release the pressing numbers.

but that version is more limited than the neon green.

thx"

Lmao this dude signs off by saying thx. 
Edited by pizza face

9 minutes ago, pizza face said:

In response to me asking about the woodland Camo pressing numbers for troll 2

"Hello.

Sorry, we don't release the pressing numbers.

but that version is more limited than the neon green.

thx"

Lmao this dude signs off by saying thx. 

I believe initial inventory on the Camo was 200. They stocked less neon green than that though, but since that's the standard version I'm guessing they'll add more if/when they sell out.

2 minutes ago, aaalethalenforcer said:

I believe initial inventory on the Camo was 200. They stocked less neon green than that though, but since that's the standard version I'm guessing they'll add more if/when they sell out.

Thanks for the information. It's my first purchase from them so I didn't know. Especially since they gave pressing numbers for the more limited variants. 

Ace Ventura - Original Soundtrack: Image 01

http://www.zavvi.com/merch-vinyl/ace-ventura-original-soundtrack/11396984.html

Pressed on 140 gram Red/Yellow Split coloured vinyl, Limited to 300 copies. Catch phrases & memorable dialogue from the film hidden beyond the grooves. Exclusive Pet Detective License & Ray Finkle Trading card included inside each album